★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to play DOOM CLASSIC in NIGHTMARE mode

12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
How to play DOOM CLASSIC in NIGHTMARE mode

Hello,this is my first post,and a helpful one.

I have learnt that doom classic is based off the prboom engine,and I have found some cheat codes for the prboom engine,first up,if you summon the console with a 4 finger tap and type in "tntfast" it will make all the monsters attack and move a lot faster than they usually do,this basically let's you play in nightmare mode,since the thing that made nightmare differ from ultra violence is that the monsters are pretty frigging fast,so use "tntfast" and you are basically playing nightmare! NOW try beating DOOM!! There is also another cheat,try typing in "tntem" to kill EVERY SINGLE monster in the level,ain't that useful but when your at the exit and you want to get 100% kills then it's useful. And the only reason it's tnt instead of id,is because teamtnt made the engine. Enjoy getting your ass kicked by the uber fast demons now XD
12-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Second post... and in the wrong section

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

12-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
wait, you're at the end of the level and you type a cheat code to get 100% kills? Seems counter productive to me...

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
12-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
wait, you're at the end of the level and you type a cheat code to get 100% kills? Seems counter productive to me...
No it's just some people who aim to get a perfect score would want to make sure there aren't any monsters they've missed
12-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
No it's just some people who aim to get a perfect score would want to make sure there aren't any monsters they've missed
whats the point of getting a perfect score if you cheat to do it?

Isn't it more satisfying to actually get a perfect score knowing that you actually accomplished something?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
whats the point of getting a perfect score if you cheat to do it?

Isn't it more satisfying to actually get a perfect score knowing that you actually accomplished something?
I'm not saying I do it,some other people might do it
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
I'm not saying I do it,some other people might do it
Hey Olly, thanks for the info. It's appreciated.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
wow dogmeat... every forum i have been to today, you are there yelling at or making fun of someone...

Are you having a bad day or something? do you want a hug???????

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmist View Post
wow dogmeat... every forum i have been to today, you are there yelling at or making fun of someone...

Are you having a bad day or something? do you want a hug???????
Even my douche-dar was going off. "There's something big off the bow capin"

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Midian and dogmeat have been on all day trying to start fights, especially dogmeat.

/sarcasm