★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deleting threads/posts

View Poll Results: Should we be able to delete threads/posts that we have started?
Yes. 74 85.06%
No. 13 14.94%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll
12-24-2009, 12:29 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,419
Deleting threads/posts

I suggest that we should be able to delete threads or posts that we have started. Does anyone else agree?
12-24-2009, 12:33 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,696
You can always just edit your post to include nothing, and if you want a thread you posted locked just report it and request for a mod to lock it.

Problem solved!

12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,419
But wouldn't it be easier if we just delete the threads ourselves? Saves time for the mods.
12-24-2009, 01:04 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,696
It would cause more work for mods if people started randomly deleting threads that had good discussion going in them for no reason. A better solution is just not to post threads that you think will need to be deleted.
12-24-2009, 01:06 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
It would cause more work for mods if people started randomly deleting threads that had good discussion going in them for no reason. A better solution is just not to post threads that you think will need to be deleted.
hahah +1 you stole my words

The Life Blog
Minecraft
12-24-2009, 01:08 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
*post deleted*
deleted :P
12-24-2009, 03:34 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
I suggest that we should be able to delete threads or posts that we have started. Does anyone else agree?
I don't agree with deleting whole threads. Once a thread is started and people are discussing the topic, the thread belongs to everyone, not just the one who started it.

Sometimes I wish I could delete a post I have made (if it sounded rude, for example. ) I know I can delete the writing and leave a blank box, but that doesn't look good, either...

I guess it's alright the way it is, though.
12-24-2009, 04:11 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,678
Yea I mean..I usually think about what I post beforehand just to double-check, but I have occasionally done the *deleted* box just because..I was being stupid and didn't think about it
12-24-2009, 07:59 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
I don't agree with deleting whole threads. Once a thread is started and people are discussing the topic, the thread belongs to everyone, not just the one who started it.
I agree with this.

Allowing people to delete threads they created can cause a lot of chaos. I've been in a forum where they did allow this and when some folks quarreled and withdrew, they deleted their threads. It was very irritating because there were some good discussions going on in them and they were gone.
12-24-2009, 10:04 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
deleted :P
Amazing, it works!

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ