★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Riot Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (4)
App description: Enter the magical world of Runeterra, the setting of the highly anticipated PC game League of Legends. League of Legends: Turret Defense represents the newest evolution in the popular mobile tower defense genre.

Strategically select and place upgradeable turrets on the field, and defend against countless waves of minions, dragons and even a few of the famed Champions from League of Legends.

Test your skills in Normal mode learn the game and perfect your strategies, then try the Endless mode to see just how long you can defend the field!
Enter the game and see if you can become the premier tower defender in all of Runeterra!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Simply amazing, just like the PC game"

"This game rules...can't believe it's free because it's better than most pay games, but hey I'm not complaining! So much fun. League of legends rules!!!!"

"This game is sick! Riot Games is becoming a genius in game innovation, League of Legends is just the beginning I am sure!"

League of Legends is the ultimate RPG battle arena that features dozens of champions, level progression across games, intelligent matchmaking, and much more.

Learn more about League of Legends at http://www.leagueoflegends.com.
12-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Wow.
That's nice one.
Looks very easy at start, but I lost at wave 36 at first attempt.
There are 4 towers with 2 upgrades each.
Somewhat reminds field runners.
But for a free promotional game it's quite good.

Anyway I prefer Heroes of Newerth over LoL

Last edited by Xecutor; 12-25-2009 at 12:38 AM.

12-25-2009, 01:10 AM
This was a really smart move on the part of Riot; can't wait to play the mobile version.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This was a really smart move on the part of Riot; can't wait to play the mobile version.
I really like it too.

Can you tell me what its a promotion for?

Thanks, Michael
12-25-2009, 01:58 AM
This is basically a fieldrunners clone with a fantasy theme to promote the PC game League of Legends.

12-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
This is basically a fieldrunners clone with a fantasy theme to promote the PC game League of Legends.
It does add one thing I keep wishing Fieldrunner would add; a fast forward button.
12-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Fieldrunners has fast forward. I think it's unlocked after level 75.
12-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGary321 View Post
Fieldrunners has fast forward. I think it's unlocked after level 75.
Must be a new feature. I am pretty sure FR didn't do that during the first release. Haven't played it much since the update.
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, what a pleasant surprise. This is an entertaining open field tower defense game. I enjoyed the graphics and variety of enemies. There are only 4 tower types, but they look like fantasy chess pieces which is neat. You also have several different enemy types including fast and flying enemies to contend with. The flyers will ignore any path you make and just fly down the middle straigh towards the exit.

Tower placement and upgrading were pretty easy though sometimes it's hard to select a tower when they're standing shoulder to shoulder.

The difficulty was kinda easy as I beat all 50 waves the first time I tried playing, but not without losing a few lives. However, there is also a endurance mode that will be fun to try.

Overall, definitely a nice surprise and fun little gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Wow, what a pleasant surprise. This is an entertaining open field tower defense game. I enjoyed the graphics and variety of enemies. There are only 4 tower types, but they look like fantasy chess pieces which is neat. You also have several different enemy types including fast and flying enemies to contend with. The flyers will ignore any path you make and just fly down the middle straigh towards the exit.

Tower placement and upgrading were pretty easy though sometimes it's hard to select a tower when they're standing shoulder to shoulder.

The difficulty was kinda easy as I beat all 50 waves the first time I tried playing, but not without losing a few lives. However, there is also a endurance mode that will be fun to try.

Overall, definitely a nice surprise and fun little gem.
I think more people need to know about this free TD game! It's pretty awesome also if anyone plays normal LoL you guys should add me!

oregoncrete

Favs: Bike Baron, Dungeon Hunters, 100 Rogues, Zenonias, Super Quick Hook, Tilt to Live, Puzzle Quests, Pocket RPG, Mage Guantlet
Gamecenter: riggysmalls