★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Roll a Stone update and price drop (now $0.99)

01-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Roll a Stone update and price drop (now $0.99)

Hi,
I have made a quite significant update to Roll a Stone, based on feedback from players.

v1.0 video

Youtube link | Pop Up

This is what is new in v1.1:

1: Some of you complained about the scoring system in Roll a Stone, so the game has been updated with a much better scoring system. Now you get points for each star and the score is decreasing in a much slower pace. It makes the game easier and more fun to play. Thanks everyone that suggested this change.

2: Ten new levels have been added to the game, giving you 30 levels in whole.

3: A new icon.

4: Help screen.

5: More in-game music.

I also decided to remove the Lite version from the App Store and decrease the price of the full version. Now you can get the full version for only $0.99.

Roll a Stone is a game inspired by the iPhone game Labyrinth and the Amiga game Rock'n Roll. The goal is to roll a stone through mazes and get all the stars in each level before the score hits zero. The stone can bounce against the walls to maintain speed. There are sometimes walls that you need to open by taking either a red, green or a blue star. Sometimes there are no walls at all and sometimes there are holes in the floor. You control the motion of the stone in the same way as in the game Labyrinth. When you have finished a level, you can play against yourself in a ghost multiplayer mode (this is really fun).

If you have any suggestions to make the game better then please let me know.

Cheers,
Lars Forsberg / the developer

Here's two screenshots from the game. The first screenshot shows the ghost multiplayer mode, where the dark stone is a replay from your high score:

You can see more screenshots and movies here: www.rollastone.com

Last edited by salsamd; 01-17-2009 at 03:48 PM.
01-17-2009, 08:07 AM
This is a great game, well done, the levels are much bigger than i thought they would be, and it's great fun.
All i'd ask for is a level editor, but as the email you sent said, you are thinking about that already.
I'd say it's well worth 0.59, good graphics, good music, good gameplay, an overall good game.

Last edited by Eng; 01-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
01-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm glad that you like it. There are two major updates that I'm working on. The first major update is the global leaderboard with ghost multiplayer, where it will be possible to play against other's high scores in the multiplayer mode. The second major update will be the level editor, where it will be possible to upload your own levels and download other's levels from the Internet.