★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Haunted Mansion Help (WARNING: SPOILERS)

12-25-2009, 10:20 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,136
Haunted Mansion Help (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Rather than spoil the fun for those who just want to find out about the game, I've created this thread for people to post questions and answers about specific puzzles in Haunted Mansion. I should warn readers that players are making their way through the game slowly, so it's possible that the answer to your question may not come for a while.

Check the Game Release thread for more info on Haunted Mansion.
12-25-2009, 11:21 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
Posts: 944
So, did anybody reached the big room yet?

I already know the puzzle answers, i got cards 0, 1, and 2 but i cant figure out how to get the #5 card yet.... I was stuck trying to get the #5 for like 2 hours yesterday until i gave up lol....

12-25-2009, 11:25 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdragonst View Post
So, did anybody reached the big room yet?

I already know the puzzle answers, i got cards 0, 1, and 2 but i cant figure out how to get the #5 card yet.... I was stuck trying to get the #5 for like 2 hours yesterday until i gave up lol....
I even didn't got #0 yet, lol
12-25-2009, 11:32 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdragonst View Post
So, did anybody reached the big room yet?

I already know the puzzle answers, i got cards 0, 1, and 2 but i cant figure out how to get the #5 card yet.... I was stuck trying to get the #5 for like 2 hours yesterday until i gave up lol....
I just got to the big room, but won't be able to play for a little while.
12-25-2009, 12:02 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdragonst View Post
So, did anybody reached the big room yet?

I already know the puzzle answers, i got cards 0, 1, and 2 but i cant figure out how to get the #5 card yet.... I was stuck trying to get the #5 for like 2 hours yesterday until i gave up lol....
I got the #5, put #0 in the groove that under the table, and the door behind you with a painting will open..

But I'm stuck at the math...

EDIT:math problem solved

line one:2,8
line two:0,6
line three:5,5
line four:1,4

after solve the math puzzle, a ladder will appear in the fireplace, then game over...

Last edited by Melodicer; 12-25-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: math problem solved
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodicer View Post
I got the #5, put #0 in the groove that under the table, and the door behind you with a painting will open..

But I'm stuck at the math...

EDIT:math problem solved

line one:2,8
line two:0,6
line three:5,5
line four:1,4

after solve the math puzzle, a ladder will appear in the fireplace, then game over...
thanks

[spoil mode on]
done! ...


to be continued!? wtf lol

Are they going to add episode 2 on update, in-app store, or whole new app..?
12-25-2009, 12:43 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Guys I'm still stuck in the previous room.. I put the cloth around the metal bars but then what?!
12-25-2009, 12:47 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdragonst View Post
thanks

[spoil mode on]
done! ...


to be continued!? wtf lol

Are they going to add episode 2 on update, in-app store, or whole new app..?
Dunno, but this is really a nice escape game
12-25-2009, 12:50 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim1 View Post
Guys I'm still stuck in the previous room.. I put the cloth around the metal bars but then what?!
You need to put the cloth in the beer first, then use it around the metal bars

The beer is a little hard to find——at the corner of the cabinet with 3 drawers
12-25-2009, 12:54 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodicer View Post
You need to put the cloth in the beer first, then use it around the metal bars

The beer is a little hard to find——at the corner of the cabinet with 3 drawers
thank you my friend! I didn't have the beer...