★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PuzzleManiak 2.5 out, price dropped to $2.99

01-17-2009, 06:34 AM
PuzzleManiak 2.5 out, price dropped to $2.99

Hi all,

Just to tell you that PuzzleManiak, the collection of 20 puzzle games for iPhone / iPod Touch, has been released today in version 2.5 and the price has dropped to $2.99, but only for the week-end.

PuzzleManiak web site:
http://puzzlemaniak.com

Direct link to AppStore:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292319186&mt=8

PuzzleManiak is a collection of 20 puzzle games (Bridges, Dominosa, Filling, Galaxies, Loopy, LightUp, Mines, Net, Pattern, Rectangles, Sudoku, Slant, Tents, Unequal, Untangle, Blackbox, SameGame, Pegs, Guess and Map) available on iPhone/iPod touch.

All games are generated on-the-fly and have an unique solution, thus you’ll never play the same puzzle twice.

All games have a lot of difficulty levels, from easy to very hard.

Statistics are maintained for each game, and each level of difficulty.

For each game, a daily web challenge is available: in this mode, everyday, all players around the world will play the same unique puzzle and compare their scores to other ones.

There is also a ’special web challenge’ in which all players play a unique puzzle game, but without knowing which one it is before starting it.

A new online mode has just appeared: after any (local) game, you can submit it to the website, so that every other players can play it and so you can compare your scores to the other ones. This mode is the ‘Players challenges’ mode.

Current puzzle is always saved when exiting, so you can resume it later, whenever you wish.

10 best scores of each game are saved locally.

Screenshots:

Enjoy!
01-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Frak Demoniak.

Sorry, but this piece of work split his free pre-2.0 puzzle app into 20 SEPARATE $0.99 apps in a LAME attempt to nickel-and-dime the community. There's a special place in hell for people that greedy.

01-17-2009, 01:38 PM
There was never a free version for iphone. If you wanna say jailbroken version then yes I suppose that was free. Some of the games by themselves are worth $3 or at least by gauging how others charge for minesweeper, etc. Free puzzle apps...they are free and will remain free go play on your pc/mac or whip out your nintendo ds. I told him to add pegs (personally don't like it much) but since there wasn't a free version without ads why not. For each game being $0.99 if you only got 4 favorites then yes go that route. For others the $6 is way more than worth it if your into puzzles games. If not into puzzle games stay far far away from PuzzleManiak. And it was 15 games not 20 like it is now.

I think Plateu or demo is more polished than Untangle Maniak. Get that one if your only into that game.

Last edited by mrbass; 01-17-2009 at 01:42 PM.
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
There was never a free version for iphone. If you wanna say jailbroken version then yes I suppose that was free. Some of the games by themselves are worth $3 or at least by gauging how others charge for minesweeper, etc. Free puzzle apps...they are free and will remain free go play on your pc/mac or whip out your nintendo ds. I told him to add pegs (personally don't like it much) but since there wasn't a free version without ads why not. For each game being $0.99 if you only got 4 favorites then yes go that route. For others the $6 is way more than worth it if your into puzzles games. If not into puzzle games stay far far away from PuzzleManiak. And it was 15 games not 20 like it is now.

I think Plateu or demo is more polished than Untangle Maniak. Get that one if your only into that game.
Just a nitpick, but the original PuzzleManiak from the jailbreak days included all 27 of Simon Tatham's casual puzzle games.

I must admit that I thought the splitting of all of the games into individual $0.99 games was a bit of a dick move, but on the other hand it let you pick and choose only the games you liked, and having played the original there weren't many in there that could hold my attention for very long, and even the good ones had somewhat limited appeal.

The Plateau is definitely a better version of Untangle though. I actually rather liked that.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
01-17-2009, 03:05 PM
i got it today, i had 3 separated games i liked (bridges, lightup and unequal) and now it takes only one icon space and has a couple of others i also enjoy.
01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I love it

I like the PuzzleManiak stuff... 1 icon = 20 games. Maybe not the BEST, but for the price it's a great, great value. I recommend the suite. I bought 4 of his games before he compiled them all, and still had no problem upgrading to the 20-games-for $5 suite.
01-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, this game is definitely worth a few bucks. Lots and lots of randomly-generated puzzles is a great thing to have on the go.

Some of the individual puzzles aren't that great, but there are at least 8-9 that are solid puzzle fun.

caved in and got Twitter