★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Not enough space?

12-25-2009, 03:24 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,070
Not enough space?

How many of you have the problem of having not enough space?

My 11 sites are always filled with apps, I don't really want to use the 3 hidden pages, because if I delete one app from the visible pages, it all gets messed up...
12-25-2009, 03:26 PM
#2
I don't have a problem with this, if you somehow manage to use every app on every page then God bless you! Cause I'm sure if you look at all your apps you will realize there are many that are un-used and just taking up space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozelz View Post
Where are the hookers?

12-25-2009, 03:27 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowHow2Fly View Post
I don't have a problem with this, if you somehow manage to use every app on every page then God bless you! Cause I'm sure if you look at all your apps you will realize there are many that are un-used and just taking up space.
Yeah, the time I spend on one app in one session is pretty short, because i DO use nearly all of them (THATS the problem! ) When they get old, I instantly delete them to make space for something new...
12-25-2009, 03:31 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 666
everytime the eleventh page is filled, I delete some apps ^^
12-25-2009, 03:43 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascor View Post
everytime the eleventh page is filled, I delete some apps ^^
hmm nice idea

I arranged my apps so every page contains a different kind of apps... every time I load a puzzle App, I kill another puzzle App etc... I got 3 "everything-pages" where I put random apps which don't fit into any of these app types or which don't fit onto the page of their type because it's full and I REALLY can't delete any of these...
12-25-2009, 03:53 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 451
I've had 11 pages of apps and 14 pages of hidden apps, so don't worry about '3 pages of hidden apps.'

Just have to use search to access the others.

I was moving to a new computer and I added every app I had to the ipod for transport. Just checked though, I have added a lot of apps... it would take approximately 33 pages of hidden apps for my 700+ apps now.

Lol, I don't think I'll try it...

But, 14 pages worked fine for me on a 2G itouch 32gig.

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
I've had 11 pages of apps and 14 pages of hidden apps, so don't worry about '3 pages of hidden apps.'

Just have to use search to access the others.

I was moving to a new computer and I added every app I had to the ipod for transport. Just checked though, I have added a lot of apps... it would take approximately 33 pages of hidden apps for my 700+ apps now.

Lol, I don't think I'll try it...

But, 14 pages worked fine for me on a 2G itouch 32gig.

Rixx
The problem is... if I have apps on hidden pages, and then delete one app from a visible page, my iPhone automatically fills the slot on the visible page with a random app from a hidden page, which is not what I want...
12-25-2009, 04:16 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
Posts: 944
i always try to keep apps in my touch minimum.. usually around 3-4 pages...

but right now, i have like 9 pages because of app sales keep me buying stuff and in fact, i just got like 4 different itune giftcards ($80) now im gonna buy even more apps hahaha
12-25-2009, 04:17 PM
#9
I jailbroke my Ipod for this very reason. If you are willing to jailbreak get categories because it is a lifesaver.

Open Feint/Gamecenter: The Running Man
Plus+: TheRunningMan
Agon/Gameloft Live: The_Running_Man
Currently Enjoying: Games.
12-25-2009, 04:20 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Running_Man View Post
I jailbroke my Ipod for this very reason. If you are willing to jailbreak get categories because it is a lifesaver.
There is a jailbreak app that allows you to have as many visible pages as you want.

Licensed and Certified Legacy User