★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2D Rockers
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.2 MB
  • Version: 1.10.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ON SALE TILL 31st of July 2010 !!!

"Line drawing meets castle defence - Into the Blue strikes an interesting blend that's distinctly iPhone and definitely enjoyable." --Pocketgamer.co.uk

** Now featured in the OpenFeint Spotlight! **

In Into-The-Blue you guide the blue army on the surface of a colonial planet to crystals, a resource that your life depends on. But you are not alone: the pinks, a robotic race, claims your new home as their territory.
Can you manage to survive?

PRESS

"Into the Blue nonetheless makes a splash with a hint of depth all too often missing from games of both line-drawing and castle defence varieties."
--Pocketgamer.co.uk (7/10 Rating, Bronze Award)

"it's challenging and will provide a few great hours of fun." --iphonestrategygames.com (4/5 Stars)

"if you really want something you just pick up and play right away and have a good time with it - into the blue is actually a really cool fun quick game."
--The Appcast

FEATURES

- Easy to Learn and Play while still being challenging
- Simple and Intuitive Controls
- Polished Graphics and Animations
- Finetuned Sounds and Soundtrack
- 8 Unique Missions
- Survival and Hyper Mode
- Additional Units and Upgrades (Defense Towers, Splash Bombs and more)
- 3 Difficulty Levels (Easy, Normal + Hard)
- OpenFeint Leaderboards and Achievements

Watch the trailer on our homepage:
http://www.2drockers.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/2DRockers

tadad1's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Woa! - I like what I see in that video... looks pretty damn good...

12-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Game Impressions

Not a bad little game at all, story mode is only 7 missions and am up to level 4 already but they can be challenging and may need to be attempted several times to complete as well as replayed to improve score. Controls are straight forward and work well, draw line to move, tap and drag to target enemy. Good graphics, nice audio it is easy to see some care and attention to detail has gone into creating the game.
12-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Holy gusta. I'm gonna have to pick this up once it's becomes available.
12-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Impressions?
12-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
Not a bad little game at all, story mode is only 7 missions and am up to level 4 already but they can be challenging and may need to be attempted several times to complete as well as replayed to improve score. Controls are straight forward and work well, draw line to move, tap and drag to target enemy. Good graphics, nice audio it is easy to see some care and attention to detail has gone into creating the game.
Is there something that you arent telling us? You dont call the game good, but dont name any negatives so far

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
12-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
Is there something that you arent telling us? You dont call the game good, but dont name any negatives so far
id say the short story mode is a negative

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
12-26-2009, 03:20 PM
bleh a line drawing game with ugly OF icon .. passing

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
12-26-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks for the post and the feedback so far!
Once it is out in other countries and we have some more user responses we will start working on an update which will also include more missions.
If there's anything you'd like to see in particular in the update let us know.
12-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbeaver View Post
id say the short story mode is a negative
Ok, have finished the so called missions but there is no real story, missions 1-6 are basically a tutorial each one introducing you to various components and then giving you a task to complete using them. There is some strategy involved and you may have to try a few different tactics to complete each task.

The 7th mission is an infinite survival game, how long can you survive and how many points can you accumulate in that time.

Using transporters you need to mine crystal fields to build and whilst doing so you need to defend your Blue base and transporters from waves of Pink enemy. Each transporter can harvest a maximum of 100 units and then needs to return to base to unload and repair any damage that the enemy may have inflicted during its last run.

You can purchase additional transporters to increase productivity. Only one transport can dock at a time so two transports are quite easy to manage as it takes about the same time to head out to harvest and return to unload so you can have them crossing paths without much problem. Three or more takes a lot more micromanagement.

For defenses you can purchase automated torpedo towers (max 4), one shot splash torpedoes that kill all enemy within a certain radius, torpedo upgrades and shields that can be used to protect your transporters or base for a very short period of time. There are also 4 blanks (?) on the purchase screen, I'm not sure if other items become available the longer you survive or if new items will come in future app updates.

Survival mode is a bit like a micromanaged tower defense and gets pretty full on at times with attack waves getting larger as time passes but once you get all your torpedo towers up and crystal credits start to accumulate things get a little repetitive. Whilst I have enjoyed playing it so far and it can at times be challenging I am not sure it has enough at the moment to keep me coming back for more and a biggie is that there is no game save.

To the Dev, it really should have a resume function and to perhaps mix things up a bit in survival maybe adding random micro missions like mission 4's protect the Ambassador, or a timed crystal harvest target etc. would add some flesh to the bones, also something like purchasing one shot automated droids to repair base damage would be nice. Larger scrollable or different maps, maybe visibility challenges like changing weather conditions or day\night periods would add variety by adding things like camouflaged short life sniper turrets or mine fields that can only be deployed at night and activated during the day when needed.

Not sure if it was intentional but for some reason sound is toggled off by default when starting the game, there is also a little visual glitch when building a torpedo tower and the factory doors open if the game ends before it is deployed when you restart the factory doors are still open.

I look forward to seeing what is to come for future updates.

Whilst it has a solid framework and great production values to me it feels like a lite version of what could be a must have title.