★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tomena Sanner Vs. Canabalt

12-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Tomena Sanner Vs. Canabalt

I was considering the purchase of either or both of them. Just wondering what is the best idea. Take into consideration the amount of content, how fun the content is, and the fact that you can play Canabalt free on a PC but not on an iPod. I can afford both games, but if one is crappy I'd prefer to save my money for another time.
12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey dude!

I can only speak for Canabalt.... although they might seem similar in look and gameplay I think Canabalt provides a sense of thrill and exhilaration that Tomena Sanner may be missing. Also look at all the accolades Canabalt has gotten. It's hard to argue against the overwhelming possitive response it's gotten. Lastly the iPhone version plays better than the free flash version. The tap sensitivity makes a big difference.

I'm looking forward to hear what someone with both games has to say!!!

12-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Canabalt for sure.
12-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I have both. Tomena Sanner is crazy and fun but lacks online leaderboards. It has nine levels with different obstacles/weirdness, though its endless mode is just those levels played in a row. Also, load times are surprisingly long.

Canabalt doesn't have much variation but its simplicity is kind of the point. As noted, it's available online for free but plays better on the iPhone.

Between the two, I'd probably go with the 'Balt. It all depends what you're looking for in a game.

Personally, I'd recommend trying Hook Champ. It's kind of like Canabalt, but with way more variation, levels, replayability (for me at least), and hats.

Please note: I am in no way affiliated with HC; just really like it.
12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
out of the two i would say canabalt but i can tell you that there is better value for $3 out there

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
12-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
I have both. Tomena Sanner is crazy and fun but lacks online leaderboards. It has nine levels with different obstacles/weirdness, though its endless mode is just those levels played in a row. Also, load times are surprisingly long.

Canabalt doesn't have much variation but its simplicity is kind of the point. As noted, it's available online for free but plays better on the iPhone.

Between the two, I'd probably go with the 'Balt. It all depends what you're looking for in a game.

Personally, I'd recommend trying Hook Champ. It's kind of like Canabalt, but with way more variation, levels, replayability (for me at least), and hats.

Please note: I am in no way affiliated with HC; just really like it.
I'll probably go for both. I always like stupid Japanese humor (my favorite comedian is Japanese) and there seems to be more content in that game. on the other hand Canabalt is one of the best flash games out there... Yeah, time to get both. I don't really care THAT much about online leaderboards. I never make them anyways... Only times I've ever made leaderboards are when me and my cousin beat Maze of the King (light gun shooter at the local arcade) and when I owned up MechWarrior 4 at Chuck E. Cheese.
12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
@the guy who said there is better value for $3, if value is replayability you are wrong. Although there are better games out there, Canabalt will be the only one I'll still be playing in months to come.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
So far I have Tomena Sanner, and it's fun. Took a bit of getting used to, but once you do it's a fun game. Really... weird... in a good way.
12-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
@the guy who said there is better value for $3, if value is replayability you are wrong. Although there are better games out there, Canabalt will be the only one I'll still be playing in months to come.
No one is right or wrong. Everything expressed here is an opinion.
12-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
No one is right or wrong. Everything expressed here is an opinion.
True, but in my opinion he is wrong.

And we all know how much you despise Canabalt's pricing.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3