★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Free Scrabble Word Finder

01-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Free Scrabble Word Finder

Found this: http://appshopper.com/reference/letters
Have used it and works great but does need internet connection, but hey its free! Its listed under reference category at iTunes. Wouldn't come up when searched so went to this site to get to app. Looks nice too. Lists all the words made from any letters typed in. I have a paid app for this as well but if anyone hasn't got one (which is a must have in my book when doing word games) then here's one that works and looks great.

Last edited by Coldar; 01-17-2009 at 02:17 PM.
01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
What's the point in playing a game if you have a computer do the work for you? Scrabble even has a best word feature that you can use 4X if u must. But once you do and u win, it wasn't you who won. It's another thing if you're just using it as a reference and to learn new words.

These cheats are ruining games if u ask me. Everyone cheats on Facebook Scramble. It's so bad that I don't play it anymore.

Last edited by RM imagery; 01-17-2009 at 02:22 PM.
01-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
What's the point in playing a game if you have a computer do the work for you? Scrabble even has a best word feature that you can use 4X if u must. But once you do and u win, it wasn't you who won. It's another thing if you're just using it as a reference and to learn new words.

These cheats are ruining games if u ask me. Everyone cheats on Facebook Scramble. It's so bad that I don't play it anymore.
I use the word finder only as a last resort. I use it mostly for reference in games like Muddled, Chicktionary, etc that I normally play. I hate to see myself quit when only a few words are missing and would like to continue on and will look up the one word I'm stuck on. Better to finish a game with some help (last resort) than to not finish it at all or have the words given to you all at once because of one word you can't figure out (in most games). I believe they are very helpful and have a place in word games (keep you from pulling your hair out), simply giving up and quitting the game and having all the words shown at once doesn't appeal to me otherwise.
09-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Scrabble Word Finder is a fantastic tool for scrabble players. I often use it by my iPhone. Using http://www.scrabblecheats.com/scrabble-word-finder/
A good and comprehensive tool for the best use for iPhone and iPod.
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwood View Post
Scrabble Word Finder is a fantastic tool for scrabble players. I often use it by my iPhone. Using http://www.scrabblecheats.com/scrabble-word-finder/
A good and comprehensive tool for the best use for iPhone and iPod.
Wouldn't really call it a tool. These types of apps ruin cetain games. The Creeps dev released this kind of thing for Words With Friends. Pointless. Completely ruins the multiplayer aspect. I like word games and don't mind getting my arse handed to me as long as it's done fairly.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106