★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: IM+ - Angry

01-17-2009, 04:53 PM
IM+ - Angry

Hey guys,

just thought i would share my mis-fortune, im sure some people will laugh

ok, ages ago i tried an app called IM+ that was free, it was ok but lacked some features.

BeeJive arrived and had the features i wanted, i paid for it and have been using it since.

today, i saw IM+ again (noticing its now 5.99)

same app, same name, and it charged me for the download...... i was waiting for the "you have already purchased this app, click ok to download" or whatever it says.

paid 5.99 for nothing, as i already paid for an IM app.

edit: oops, ive put this in games instead of apps, can someone move it pleaseeeee.
01-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.J View Post
Hey guys,

just thought i would share my mis-fortune, im sure some people will laugh

ok, ages ago i tried an app called IM+ that was free, it was ok but lacked some features.

BeeJive arrived and had the features i wanted, i paid for it and have been using it since.

today, i saw IM+ again (noticing its now 5.99)

same app, same name, and it charged me for the download...... i was waiting for the "you have already purchased this app, click ok to download" or whatever it says.

paid 5.99 for nothing, as i already paid for an IM app.
lol, sucks fot you. the old IM+ became a "lite version" and the devs got out another one with the name of the old one. That's basically what happened. Hows beejive? canyou close te application and a red bubble appears when you got new messages? thats all I really would want from it.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Aww man, I'm worried about that happening everytime I re-download an app. They should add some sort of way to tell you if you have or haven't bought the app before.
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
Aww man, I'm worried about that happening everytime I re-download an app. They should add some sort of way to tell you if you have or haven't bought the app before.
I thought, there was never a lite version when i tried it, download the one with the same name as i tried before,

... bang, 5.99

01-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Try Writing a Review For the App

If you attempt to write a review for the app and have not yet purchased yet it will not let you write the review. Whenever I wonder if I've bought an app or not, I try to write a review for it. If it lets you write the review, you'll know you have already downloaded it. Hope this helps
01-17-2009, 05:03 PM
nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybeo View Post
If you attempt to write a review for the app and have not yet purchased yet it will not let you write the review. Whenever I wonder if I've bought an app or not, I try to write a review for it. If it lets you write the review, you'll know you have already downloaded it. Hope this helps
+1 Pure genius!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Doesn't iTunes ask you before buying the app? I know that you an disable this message, but you should be able to turn it back on.

Even though it's annoying, I have it set to double check with me before buying an app as I never wanted to be in this situation. It doesn't look like Apple has a return system.
01-17-2009, 05:06 PM
lol sucks. can only blame yourself though

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
lol, sucks fot you. the old IM+ became a "lite version" and the devs got out another one with the name of the old one. That's basically what happened. Hows beejive? canyou close te application and a red bubble appears when you got new messages? thats all I really would want from it.

Apple STILL doesn't allow it, but Beejive is still pretty sweet.
01-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
lol sucks. can only blame yourself though
not really, i blame the developers.

I downloaded the same program as i once used

i feel they have fiddled me out of my money, time for them to hear my thoughts i think.