★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puppy Park - insanely addictive puzzle game!

12-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Puppy Park - insanely addictive puzzle game!

Title: Puppy Park
Developer: Shinysoft
Genre: Puzzle
Release: Available Now (link)
Price: $0.99

Looking for a super cute, family-friendly, violence-free video game for your kids...and maybe yourself? Then swing by Puppy Park, Shinysoft's new puzzle matching game, on the iTunes App Store!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1oJjq_F24

Features
Family-friendly fun for puppy lovers of all ages!
Color-matching meets spacial puzzle gameplay
Adorable fully animated characters
30 different levels with unique shapes and obstacles
Beautiful art and sound create a lush sensory experience
Challenge yourself, your friends, or anyone in the world with AGON Online support!

Reviews:

"This is the perfect portable game...I've had a fantastic time playing it. It is both easy to learn, challenging to master, and it has a great interface for a quick game." - by Fieryspoon

"This game is so much fun! I couldn't stop playing...the animation and sounds are super cute. Great game!!!" - by Pyite12

"I've had so much fun playing Puppy Park. You can get the hang of it in about 3 minutes, but I think you could log alot of hours trying to beat it...All the way five star." - by Jaecinth
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, here's another quick vid of our great game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrnJyu5JD3Q

01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
It looks cute and goofy!

So how many connected happy pups does it take to get a "Frolicing Event" on?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
LordGek:

Each level has various "quotas" that appear in the blue star in the upper right hand corner. For example, on level 1 easy, the 1st quota might be 4, meaning you have to make 4 dogs happy before you can create a Puppy Chase (Frolicing Event).

Once you reach that quota, the blue star turns gold, and you can tap that to clear them. The cool thing is that as the difficulty progresses, the quotas get bigger and the dogs pop in faster!

Hope you enjoy the game, please help spread the word if you do!
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM
more info and shots

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysoft View Post
LordGek:

Each level has various "quotas" that appear in the blue star in the upper right hand corner. For example, on level 1 easy, the 1st quota might be 4, meaning you have to make 4 dogs happy before you can create a Puppy Chase (Frolicing Event).

Once you reach that quota, the blue star turns gold, and you can tap that to clear them. The cool thing is that as the difficulty progresses, the quotas get bigger and the dogs pop in faster!

Hope you enjoy the game, please help spread the word if you do!
Yep, I'm quite enjoying the game and really like your quota system that not only gets more stringent as the game goes on but lets me decide whether to cash in as soon as possible or try to add in even more linked pups for a bigger bonus!

My iTunes Reviews
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
all puppies in this game from dogmeat's puppy mill, no animals were harmed in the writing of this post.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
all puppies in this game from dogmeat's puppy mill, no animals were harmed in the writing of this post.
Dogmeat:

Actually, all dogs were drawn in Adobe Illustrator and animated with Autodesk Maya!

Lordgek:

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it! Please spread the word, and most importantly....

Give us a nice review on the App store...we need more reviews!!!
01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysoft View Post
Dogmeat:

Actually, all dogs were drawn in Adobe Illustrator and animated with Autodesk Maya!

Lordgek:

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it! Please spread the word, and most importantly....

Give us a nice review on the App store...we need more reviews!!!
Done.

While I kind of gather the Puppy Park is all about different dogs coming together to play, I think it might be neat if the actual TYPE of dogs being matched could boost your score, like if over three of the pooches were of the same breed they have EXTRA fun?

My iTunes Reviews
01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Done.

While I kind of gather the Puppy Park is all about different dogs coming together to play, I think it might be neat if the actual TYPE of dogs being matched could boost your score, like if over three of the pooches were of the same breed they have EXTRA fun?
Hey LordGek!

We're planning on including numerous "awards" in our next update, including ones for situations just like that!

Thanks for the review!