★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Block Breaker Deluxe 2 is now $1.99

10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 is now $1.99

A much better price for it IMHO. The game looks great, plays well and has some fun features and power-ups, but I think the game is far too easy all the way through the next to last world's boss, and then the game became incredibly annoying. That boss level is ridiculously difficult to beat, and not in a fun way. You have to get the alternating shade blocks to match up, row after row. It's just irritating IMHO. I'm not even sure I'm ever going to bother to try to beat it in order to move on.

Up to that point the game is entertaining enough, though, even though too consistently easy. Also the two unlockable modes I've managed to unlock are pretty boring, so I don't have much hope for the other unlockable modes, and I don't see any replay value in the future even if I ever do bother to go back and beat it. So, overall I'd say the game is pretty over-rated, but for $1.99 it's probably worth it anyway.

Edit: the two modes I unlocked: progressive mode (not called that): It's too easy and boring. Goes on forever and is never much fun. One player versus computer mode: That mode is just stupid. You're on one side, they are on the other, there are some blocks in between, but once you've knocked all those blocks out, which doesn't take long, it's just classic pong. There are a variety of different layouts, but they are all meaningless and the game is essentially endless. It strikes me as an afterthought, just like the progressive mode.

Last edited by crunc; 10-01-2008 at 09:58 AM.
10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks for the heads up, I had been debating this purchase (despite finding the music and sound annoying in Touch's video) and at $2 I'll go for it.

10-01-2008, 10:45 AM
AAAARHG!!! Fück those price drops! That's ridiculous! It's been out only for a week!
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
does anybody know if this is permanent or temporary?

haha, this must really suck for the people who bought it as soon as it came out...
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
crunc, thanks for the info - I was on the fence about buying it, but if it's as easy as you say then I'll hold off for now (I've got a list of 10 other games still to purchase, so no shortage!).

On a side note, I really wish Gameloft would bring the price of Brain Challenge down, as I've wanted it for a while but there's no way in hell I'm paying £5.99 for it - £1.99 is more like it
10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
What's the jetpack powerup supposed to do?
10-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisaacx View Post
What's the jetpack powerup supposed to do?
You double tap your paddle and it rocket boosts it.