★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RPG news?

12-29-2009, 12:22 AM
RPG news?

Just wondering if anybody can tell me if theirs going to be any Turn based RPG style games that are any good comeing out on the Iphone/itouch.

Played everything. Vay, Chronicles, The Quest, Seed, Zenonia, ect.

I even downloaded Ravensword and Crusade of Destiny and Underworlds. Man I've played everything.

I want something like FF, or Breath of Fire, or Dragon Quest. Really don't think any of the above mentioned games are any good. All very basic. Not difficult and the ones that were not basic and hard were not turn based.

I would really like to see a port of FF6 ya know. Something fun. I have tried to jailbreak my itouch (sorry if thats illegal or something, besides it didnt work) but its the only way i know of to get any good games on my itouch.

32g itouch is worthless if all you can do on it is listen to music and play crappy games like vay (GOOD for its time, it was good just not what i want)

Lie to me if you have to I just want some good news.
12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
I won't lie to you: you've started this thread in the wrong section.

12-29-2009, 12:26 AM
There is a fantastic built-in RPG coming with the latest models of iPhone and iPod touch. This is truly fantastic and imho better than all FF games together.
I'm still wondering why nobody mentioned it before. I'm absolutely addicted.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
haha. funny.
12-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Well there is going to be a WoW inspired game coming out... If you'te interested in that.
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Hmm, no

Twitter: @back2this
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
If it's old school your looking for, try RPG Quest Minmae, or Yipe 5

DEFY THE COSMOS!
12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
No need to bash a bunch of solid rpgs because they aren't the specific type of rpg you are looking for, why that makes you seem like a close minded square fanboy
12-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videotape View Post
No need to bash a bunch of solid rpgs because they aren't the specific type of rpg you are looking for, why that makes you seem like a close minded square fanboy

Lol solid rpgs. Negative. Really only bashed Chronicles and Vay, which Vay was so simple you could sleep walk through it. And Chronicles was just a port from a cell phone. Besides that, All the games listed above don't really follow a solid TURN BASED game play model.

Haven't seen a solid turn based rpg yet. Yipe 5 is a humor based game. Very basic. Really only any good because of its humor and interesting design. Gameplay is so-so and really only relys on the fact that your going to grind out some money to get better armor and weapon.

And minmae. I know nothing about really. (I remember seeing this game. LOL Yea Rpg Quest Minmae, lets blow 3.50 on a game thats 1.5 hours long. Yea right. I would rather eat my itouch. Without any hot sauce.) Seriously what are the developers thinking not designing a turn based game on what could have been the heavy hitter of rpg gaming on the handheld market. Instead. PSP wins. BAH hate the psp.)

Last edited by Lock3Bon3; 12-29-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: researched minmae
12-29-2009, 01:53 AM
turn based RPG is wolfenstein