★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crystaloids

01-17-2009, 09:34 PM

OK, i got this game about a week ago because of the reviews. After a few minutes of (what i felt like ) a terrible experience, i deleted it. I then thought that I had to leave a review (a must read btw) to balance out the prior reviews (6 five stars and 2 four stars). There's only one review since mine, and i really think that ALL of them, including the new one is by the dev team. Most of them have only written that one review as of last week. Karma is a bitch. I think I'm out $2 - but i felt suckered and swindled.

Now, it seems that my feedback made them come out with a new version and it's free for now.

I'm wondering what you guys think, It's kinda like Sinistar in that you shoot boulders that reveal crystals to collect, but much more simple. But please read their elaborate description and then see if I'm crazy or not. I kinda feel bad and they're just trying SO hard. And you have nothing to lose but 5 minutes...

Last edited by RM imagery; 01-17-2009 at 09:36 PM.
01-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Dling right now. I'll be sure to post my insight in a few minutes.

Soul Theory Crew
01-17-2009, 09:54 PM
deleted post bcause you already said it above^

Last edited by Hello; 01-17-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz?
01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Well, after playing for a couple of minutes (not quite five, but close enough to still be valid), they're on the right track. They've got a lot of work to do though if they want to have success in the AppStore. I found that the controls were slightly cumbersome and unwieldy. I realize they're trying to imply Newton's Laws and I applaude them for having ambition. However, it needs to be tweaked. Turning around and not running into the asteroids is quite the task.
While the touch control does allow for easier steering, the way the controls are laid out makes it difficult to use your thrusters, fire, and steer at the same time.

Final Word: As first time devs, I appreciate what they're trying to do. With some work they just might make a good App. This will all come with good feedback, though, and some tweaking and goals. Worth $0.99? At this point, no. It'll stay on the iPod though with high hopes for some good updates.

P.S. Harsh review Imagery! Lol dang man. Crustructive criticism was never a bad thing.

Soul Theory Crew
01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Good input Adr3. I know it was harsh - but as i said - it certainly seems that they loaded up with 8 home brewed raves and that realllly rubbed me the wrong way.

They do talk some good crap tho...