★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Laser tag meets urban paintball in an epic battle against your friends--a heart pounding adventure that puts you and your iPhone directly in the line of fire.

You have been recruited by Shadowforce to join an elite unit charged with taking out rogue agents (your friends) in the local area. Find a quick hiding place (a balcony or a dark corner will suffice) and dig in before the shots start flying.

***NOTE: Like laser tag or paintball, Gunman is meant to be played with your friends. Of course you can play with yourself but imagine playing Laser Tag alone - not quite the same, right? So grab some friends, get them to download Gunman and go have fun!

-----------------------------------

Been on the run for the last few months dodging bullets (and lawsuits) but were back with the long-awaited Gunman update. Version 2.0 takes iPhone espionage to the next level with the addition of a gun locker, new weapons, a health bar and virtual payouts. Earn bankrolls for taking out rogue agents and winning multiplayer missions, load up on more weapons from the Gun Locker (AK-47, grenade launcher, shotgun to name a few) and beware of damage to your health when your screen flashes red. Get ready to bring the mayhem.

"Does it really work? If the concept sounds too futuristic, dont worry Gunman works flawlessly." - Geek.com
"Gunman for iPhone finally makes augmented reality awesome" - Engadget
"It's part paintball, part first person shooter, part urban warfare, and it all happens on you're iPhone." - NBC Los Angeles
"Forget Counter-Strike because playing traditional FPS just officially went out of fashion. Gunman, the first of its kind augmented reality FPS game, just hit the App Store." - App Advice
Lol this is way too much fun - iJustine

Here's the run down:
-The game can be played anywhere but is best played in well lit areas
-The game uses the iPhone camera with a scope overlay and requires OS 3.1
-Select a time-limit for a quick match or the unlimited option for an extended battle
-Specify your opponent's shirt color so that your enemy can be detected
-Both hits and misses are counted so accuracy is important
-Multiplayer mode requires a WiFi connection to connect participants
-When you get hit by your opponent your iPhone will vibrate
-When you need to reload your weapon, shake your iPhone
-At the end of the game, the scores are tallied in a mission summary
-Screenshots captured during gameplay allow you to review your best shots (and catch cheaters)
-You can save your favorite shots to your photo album or send them to your Twitter followers at the end of the match
Yes, this really works!!!! For more about our groundbreaking technology, please visit http://playgunman.com/about.html.

The game is played in two modes:
One on One: Anyone is fair game. Specify your enemys shirt color and go wild. Our enemy recognition technology will take care of the body count; you take care of the shooting.
Multiplayer: A free-for-all WiFi bloodbath. It's you versus the world. Take out rogue agents in the local area and show them no mercy. The score matters, so watch your back.

More updates are on the way so check-in regularly. We also love reading feedback so send your ideas to info@playgunman.com.
Have feedback on the game? Contact us:
ShadowForce LLC
http://playgunman.com
http://twitter.com/playgunman

WunDaii's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Oh god.

12-29-2009, 08:04 AM
YEAH! The new training program for everyone planing the next killing or shooting spree!
And there is also very much fun for the unaware people in your urban vicinity!
Have fun scaring them and get always a good laugh!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.
12-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to WunDaii Send a message via Skype™ to WunDaii
Sad, I know. But I find Augmented Reality apps pretty amazing.
12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
YEAH! The new training program for everyone planing the next killing or shooting spree!
And there is also very much fun for the unaware people in your urban vicinity!
Have fun scaring them and get always a good laugh!
Makes sense.
12-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
Sad, I know. But I find Augmented Reality apps pretty amazing.

Yes... I wouldn't say something opposed to the technical capabilities this program has. It seems very advanced.

But I have to ask myself if it's really o.k. to shoot at a friend - even if it is "just for fun". There are also always people who can't dither between fun and reality. This game is closer to reality than any Counter Strike or whatsoever game can ever be.
And you can't compare games like this to the cowboy games children play in their childhood.

The developer is speaking of a heart pounding adventure.
But they should never forget that adrenaline can be a serious and addicting drug. Once you get used to it, eventually you want more.

My rantings aren't targeting the mass of users here. I know that they are not stupid and can make a difference between a game and reality. But it just needs one guy with some hatred in his mind, somewhere on this world. Sometimes it just needs a little trigger.
With an iTunes gift card, every teen has access to this game.

The developers should always remind themselves about their own responsibility.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-29-2009 at 08:49 AM.
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Quote:
But it just needs one guy with some hatred in his mind, somewhere on this world.
But this guy doesn't need a little game like this as a last drop for his actions.
He would be screwed with or without this app. So please, no moral discussions in here.... because then you could say EVERY single game which uses weapons, causes the same! Even Mario is brutal (at least to nature). He jumps on mushrooms and turtles passing by, simply destroying them without any reason.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-29-2009, 08:52 AM
If not here, where else?

But you are right, this discussion was held a thousand times and there are another thousand opinions.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-29-2009 at 08:55 AM.
12-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to WunDaii Send a message via Skype™ to WunDaii
Quote:
Yes... I wouldn't say something opposed to the technical capabilities this program has. It seems very advanced.

But I have to ask myself if it's really o.k. to shoot at a friend - even if it is "just for fun". There are also always people who can't dither between fun and reality. This game is closer to reality than any Counter Strike or whatsoever game can ever be.
And you can't compare games like this to the cowboy games children play in their childhood.

The developer is speaking of a heart pounding adventure.
But they should never forget that adrenaline can be a serious and addicting drug. Once you get used to it, eventually you want more.

My rantings aren't targeting the mass of users here. I know that they are not stupid and can make a difference between a game and reality. But it just needs one guy with some hatred in his mind, somewhere on this world. Sometimes it just needs a little trigger.
With an iTunes gift card, every teen has access to this game.

The developers should always remind themselves about their own responsibility.
0_o

So... you're saying people could get addicted to shooting people through a petty iPhone game? Meh, I agree, to an extent.

It would take an awful lot of 'shooting' with this game to convince someone into actually shooting their friends in the real world.
12-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyone try this GAME yet? I'm really interested in it. And curious how good it is.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.