★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any changes from the iTunes Connect downtime?

12-29-2009, 12:32 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Any changes from the iTunes Connect downtime?

I'm looking around iTunes Connect and haven't noticed any obvious changes. Does anyone know if they made updates to our end of the portal during the downtime?
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 754
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoorayForEverything View Post
I'm looking around iTunes Connect and haven't noticed any obvious changes. Does anyone know if they made updates to our end of the portal during the downtime?
why would there be changes? it was xmas - apple takes time off too.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series

12-29-2009, 02:06 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
yeah, the holidays are a fine reason, but saw some rumors pre-downtime, and wondered if there were any good surprises.
12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
#4
Oh yeah, there were huge surprises. All developers that are currently registered with iTunes Connect got a $3000 bonus paid on the 24th of December.

That is by far the biggest change I noticed.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,587
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post
Oh yeah, there were huge surprises. All developers that are currently registered with iTunes Connect got a $3000 bonus paid on the 24th of December.

That is by far the biggest change I noticed.
Was that a joke?
12-31-2009, 02:26 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 20
Its quite obviously a joke knowing Apple :P

I'd be surprised if they gave 10 cents to each developer as a christmas bonus!
01-01-2010, 05:09 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Its quite obviously a joke knowing Apple :P

I'd be surprised if they gave 10 cents to each developer as a christmas bonus!
yeah, not only was it a joke, but it was unfunny and cruel.

a lot of developers recieved NOTHING from apple during the holidays. i am truly sorry and i sympathize with them.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
01-01-2010, 06:36 AM
#8
From what I have learned, review times are now a LOT shorter