★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ttursas Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (4)
App description: The fourth Perfect Balance game for iPhone & iPod Touch. 240 levels with improved physics and graphics. Rotate and stack shapes, and try to achieve perfect balance in this physics puzzle! Hours of brain training guaranteed!

NOTE! This game contains 120 levels from Perfect Balance: Inferno, 40 from Perfect Balance: Lost Trials, and 80 totally new and unique levels with new shapes and rules. If Inferno's horror theme doesn't suit you, perhaps Paradise will?

Perfect Balance was released as a Flash 9 game at the beginning of 2009, and over 13 million players have enjoyed its challenges after the game hit the biggest Flash games sites in the Internet world wide.

REVIEWS:

findmysoft.com: Perfect balance? More like a perfect way to have fun! 5/5

ttursas's comments:
Apple caught us pants down, they approved the game in seven days! We don't have any videos to show, yet, but here's the App Store description. Anyway, the game contains 240 levels (120 from Inferno so if you didn't like the horror theme then perhaps this would be your cup of tea? And 40 from Perfect Balance: Lost Trials, and 80 totally new with new shapes and new rules).

Lite version is also available:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=368593796&mt=8

Here's a gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Yay!! Another part of my favorite iPhone puzzle series!
I love your games! Instant download!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

12-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Another one?!

Sweet.

12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Slowly I would suggest ONE Perfect Balance game
with all the additional stuff as DLC since you already got the typical DLC price of 99 cents for your apps....
A always finish you games and then delete them, waiting for updates or next parts. This way, I really would keep the one app always checking for new DLC content.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-29-2009, 01:31 PM
New Year's Resolution...

...must finish the million or so levels in the first three of this series before attempting this one...

...ah...
...um...

...can't resist... downloading now...
12-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey ttursas

the Inferno version contains some very nice creepy silent hill style background music.

I do understand that this one here contains the same level designs as in Inferno but with different graphical overlay style.

So my actually question is: what's about the creepy music from Inferno? If this one do so have different music, a youtube vid with a sample sequence would be niiiiiceeee
12-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Niiiice. Instant buy. I'd agree that a single-version Perfect Balance anthology would be awesome though. Save on Springboard space at least.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Niiiice. Instant buy. I'd agree that a single-version Perfect Balance anthology would be awesome though. Save on Springboard space at least.
+1

Make a free one with the levels from the free ones, all the rest of the levels via DLC...

I've got way too many apps (502 to be exact! ) on right now - will pick this up after I finish Lost Trials...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
.... so many versions of this now and while I commend the developer on such a unique idea, I really feel now as if what was once such a novel concept, is now wearing a little thin...

Not meaning in any way to be disrespectful because clearly this developer works very hard and his apps have remained on my iPhone ever since I bought the device but, in all honesty, perhaps this newer levels (60 I think ) could have been incorporated into the existing games such as Perfect Balance Harmony or even the Lost trials (and yes, I bought the Gold version to support him).

Visually the new version is good and generally well-polished apart from on a few levels where the circular fixed shapes are not very well aliased and look horribly jagged compared to the rest of the package. The addition of being able to add gems and gold bars (?) after completing the puzzle immediately is a plus but, I have to ask, is there any point? As there's no local or global scoreboards that record either the time taken, the rotations involved, or even the additional gems and gold bars that were added, I have to ask myself now... well.. why am I playing this? What sense of achievement do I gain from this?

If you are a big fan of the series then by all means, download it, I did.. But, if you after something more, then, perhaps wait a while and see if this new version, Paradise, can offer a little more.

12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
The addition of being able to add gems and gold bars (?) after completing the puzzle immediately is a plus but, I have to ask, is there any point? As there's no local or global scoreboards that record either the time taken, the rotations involved, or even the additional gems and gold bars that were added, I have to ask myself now... well.. why am I playing this? What sense of achievement do I gain from this?
PB Harmony shows both the total number of red gems added and how many you've managed to add to each stage... are you sure it's not there somewhere?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ