★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Here's Something Intresring Stich'em Words

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy Stitch'em Words?
Yes 12 44.44%
No 13 48.15%
I found the reviews stupid. 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll
01-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Here's Something Intresring Stich'em Words

Hi Guys,
A new game came out called stich'em words it is $0.99 here is the link: http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...302339778&mt=8 well some of you may know that it looks like the pc/mac game Pictowords: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...ame/index.html
Now that isn't the problem here plenty of games in the app store are rip offs of other games rescue angels for example. The issue here is if you look at the app description it quotes three "reviews" the game has apparently received, the only problem is i dare you to find those reviews. When you google iphoneAppsGuru you get a few different iphone but no iphoneappsguru and no review, furthermore go on ign.com and there is no review, on gamezebo all you can find is a review for the original game pictowords: http://www.gamezebo.com/games/pictowords/review

Obviously the developer is trying to fool people into thinking that this game was voted best word game and was favorably reviewed by ign, its a shame I would have loved to have bought this game. Would you support a developer who does these shady practices? I already feel bad enough for getting rescue angels. What do you guys think?
01-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Well if you couldn't find the reviews then that is indeed shady practice. Trouble is, some people will believe those as there are plenty of devs who do actually quote real reviews as apposed to made up ones. Shame.
Welcome to the forums.

01-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't find this very interesting.
01-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Both the website and the support site link to the same place also, with just a picture of the game and no way to contact the developer.

Even the source code of the website is misleading, using terms such as top ten iPhone apps and top ten iPhone games.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
Then why post anything? I don't post on every thread I am not interested it just to tell people.
01-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Then why post anything? I don't post on every thread I am not interested it just to tell people.
well the topic title is a bit misleading (think that guy felt the same way i did...)
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
I didn't say it was interesting I said "intresring" anyway you think apple should allow developers to quote fake reviews so that people will buy their app if they really think their app is that good they should let it speak for itself.
01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
and what does "intresring" stand for? thought you meant "interesting" as well

Last edited by Ahiru; 01-18-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo on "intresring"
01-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Well maybe you should...I agree though, that is considered spamming as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru View Post
and what does "intresring" stand for? thought you meant "interesting" as well
Dude, read the rules: no correcting people's English. BTW, did you ever buy SuperHorsey? LOL. Welcome back.
01-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Well maybe you should...I agree though, that is considered spamming as far as I'm concerned.

Dude, read the rules: no correcting people's English. BTW, did you ever buy SuperHorsey? LOL. Welcome back.
He isn't correcting his English. Read the rest of the thread. The OP was "uncorrecting" his own English...or sumthin:

Quote:
I didn't say it was interesting I said "intresring"