★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone remember the name of this game?

12-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Anyone remember the name of this game?

It's a puzzle app, with a load of different puzzle games in one. Really smart looking, I seem to remember it having a black background with green graphics for the puzzles... I'm sure it was a forum regular that pointed it out to me in the first place.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Tanzen?

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy

12-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game Reaper View Post
Tanzen?
that doesn't have a black background
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Tanzen doesn't have a bunch of different games either. I mean it's got multiple different puzzle games like a complilation app, but better quality than most compilation apps you find.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
You don't mean mini game collection like Micro Mayhem do you? I'm not recalling any puzzle compilations like you're saying.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Nope, that's not it. Those puzzles seem to be fairly unique, the app I'm thinking of had a collection of well-known puzzles, but all remade by the dev in one distinct graphical style. I'll have a look through some of the puzzle game topics...

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Puzzle Maniak

They've added a non-green theme to it.

A must-have app for anyone who likes logic puzzles, it's a collection of 20 of them, will generate infinite random levels at different difficulty levels.

A Page One app for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes! That's the one, thanks guys. drelbs I think it was probably you who recommended it the first time

So it's as good quality as it looks then? I notice they also have ArcadeManiak which seems to contain 9 of the games from PuzzleManiak... I'd probably be better off getting PuzzleManiak though right?

I'm always annoyed at how most puzzle games fail to keep my attention as long as the PathPix games, so I'm hoping a collection of 20 should do it.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Yes! That's the one, thanks guys. drelbs I think it was probably you who recommended it the first time

So it's as good quality as it looks then? I notice they also have ArcadeManiak which seems to contain 9 of the games from PuzzleManiak... I'd probably be better off getting PuzzleManiak though right?

I'm always annoyed at how most puzzle games fail to keep my attention as long as the PathPix games, so I'm hoping a collection of 20 should do it.
The only reason to get ArcadeManiak was the polish and music - he's removed the unlocking portion of it since so many people complained. And all the polish from AM has made it into Puzzle Maniak since then. (As well as the non-green theme since a lot of people hated the green.)

There's a lot to play here, and the game keeps stats on your game playing. I just wish he'd stop futzing with the menu screen, what he has there now is functional, but not as useful/quick. First it was just a scrolling list with some stats, no graphics. Second was the green one with just a screen full of icons, which I liked as you could double-tap one to go. People didn't like the lack of lables, which I thought was silly - if you single tapped an icon you got the name and stats, and by the time you play this game a few times you know what all the games are by picture.Now you have to scroll through the icons, which is a tad slower, but not really a big deal.

Wow, did I just write all that? Time to lay off the caffeine for the day...

Niggles aside - the game is a bargain if you like this sort of thing. There are tons of $0.99 games out there that this PM's got included...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!