4.99 sales worth it

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Themagictouch, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    so settlers and ravensword went on sale for 4.99 and i was wondering if either were worth it, so i already have red conquest and warfare inc for rts do you think those are better than settlers. and i already have inotia 2 but i realize that ravensword isn't a full fledged rpg because of the customization which is what i like. so what i am asking is either of those worth it with the games i already have

2. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    guessing ravensword is since its gunna soon have an expansion pack and also multiplayer... settlers is just a 1 day game for me

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    ravensworld is worth it is you like rpg's

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Ravensword isn't worth it. It's practically a beta game where 99.99% of the world map is completely empty. And it's not even an RPG. Maybe it's some really dumbed-down version of a Zelda-style adventure game, dunno.
    I can't say about Settlers since I don't have it. But if you really have to choose one between those two go with Settlers by process of elimination. Oo

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Settlers is awesome, the one drawback is the lack of a free play/skirmish mode but aside from that (and especially if you enjoy Settlers games already) it's worth buying.

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    *sigh*

Here we go again. Ravensword is amazing, worth the original and sale price, IMO. It is NOT an RPG, and doesn't claim to be. It sounds like the OP knows this, and is interested in what it IS rather than what some people WANT IT TO BE. If you've ever played Oblivion, or Fallout 3, and just had a blast exploring the land, then Ravensword fits that bill and also fits right in your pocket. It's got tons of stuff to explore, humorous dialogue and interactions with people, and beautiful graphics. That's worth the $5 right there. There's not really anything like it on the store currently, so if you're interested you should go for it.

It's appalling that someone would suggest a game that they don't even own over Ravensword just because they would rather the game be something that it's not.

7. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    yeah as he said the only thing i'm really worried about it is the amount of items/customization and i've heard that there is really not alot of monsters at all like 2-3 per place

8. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    There's a good amount of monsters imo. Maybe there could be a few more but I think it has a good balance as is.

There are a few magical items and probably 5-7 melee weapons plus a bow with 2 kinds of arrows. There isn't a lot of variety in the armor, just leather and steel, but your characters appearance does change with what you equip. Stats are leveled up automatically and there are 2 monsters in the game that are much more difficult and high-level than the end game boss.

9. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Get Ravensword, at this price is a great deal. The Settlers is really hard, so I dont recommend it unless you are a fan of RTS games. I would pick Ravensword.

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Just because I don't have it doesn't mean I don't know what it is. :rolleyes:
    I'd rather play a proper strategy game for $4.99. Sure I see some people love walking-around games where you do next to nothing, but I'm sure there are also other people who actually wants to see lots of action, whether in graphics or in the mind. I guess you fall in the first category, and I fall in the second. As to which category the OP falls in how was I supposed to know? Your opinion is not more valid than mine, and neither is mine over yours. Oo

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I there a story to ravensword or is it just killing monsters and getting better stas?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There's a main story and side quests/missions, just like any action/adventure game. It is, however, not as linear as the average Gameloft game.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Why would someone listen to a recommendation from someone who doesn't own the game? Sure, you know what it is, but so do I and so does the OP. He's asking if it's worth it's current price, not what kind of game it is. So, you're going to tell this person to spend their $5 on Settlers and that it's worth the money, but you don't even own it? How would you not find something wrong with that? In that case, you should go buy a Bentley, they are totally worth the price. I read a description of one on the internet before. :rolleyes:

What is the purpose of this statement? Yeah, I like boring games and you like full of explosive action games... you got it!! :rolleyes: Talk about elitist attitude. Do you talk to people like they're 4 year olds in real life too? I'm sure you don't, otherwise you wouldn't even be here.

I don't really think you're the one to be giving anybody advice on opinions. I've seen you pass off your own as fact on more than one occasion. And I wouldn't call your first post in this thread an opinion, more like trolling. You came in with the intention of bad mouthing Ravensword. Do you even own Ravensword? The way you talk about it, you'd think you've never played it. To call it a "beta" with ".01% content", or "a walking around game where you do next to nothing" isn't an opinion, it's flame bait. Not to mention you're not helping the OP at all with what he originally asked. So why even bother posting?

OP, I apologize but I don't own The Settlers. But Ravensword is well worth the asking price of $5, and then some. If you're really not sure if it's a good game for you, there's plenty of opinions in the game thread and all over the net. Good luck, sorry to derail your thread. :)

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't really care about Ravensword and I've got no plans to buy it, but I've gotta +1 on what BOARDUMB said... I came in here and commented on the game I own, I don't feel I have the authority to make decisions for other people on games I've never played, even if I don't like the look of it.