★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trenches SECRET unlockable mode revealed!

12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 692
Trenches SECRET unlockable mode revealed!




Many of our players have discovered the silent unlockable game mode, Zombie Attack.

You are pitted against the ruthless undead hordes of all those Jerries you killed during the campaign.

How To Unlock:

To unlock this mode, beat one of the campaigns. Then go to "skirmish" and change the game type to Zombie Mode.

Enjoy your last few minutes on earth...


TRENCHES NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APPSTORE FOR ONLY $2.99! [Click Here]
12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 692
We didn't expect so many people to find Zombie Mode so quickly. It seemed that within the first hour of launch, people were raving about it in the forums.

For those of who that have unlocked it, would you say it is your favorite feature?

12-30-2009, 06:10 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
Wow!
Zombies rule!!!

I can't wait to unlock that!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 297
Right, you just convinced me to buy it...
12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,099
it is almost un-winable past a certain score but puting those zombies through the brain-grinder is so much fun

Minigore Beta Tester
53rd Battalion // 5 Star General: Demolitions Sector
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadZed View Post
it is almost un-winable past a certain score but puting those zombies through the brain-grinder is so much fun
Come on, if you have ever played Left4Dead, then you know that survivors always get pwned.
12-30-2009, 06:47 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGameWorks View Post
Come on, if you have ever played Left4Dead, then you know that survivors always get pwned.
that is true
12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
Yeah, but were the survivors a highly trained team of military operatives with the ability to call down more freinds with destructive power at almost any instant? I think not.

Current Favorite: GT Racing, Tilt To Live, Soccer Superstars
Tested: Lunarcy, ZvA '12, KungFu World, CastleCraft, Flight Deck, Hybrid, Boom it Up!, VANQUISH, Zenonia2, Soccer Superstars, Caligo Chaser, IMO, Inotia 2
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadZed View Post
it is almost un-winable past a certain score but puting those zombies through the brain-grinder is so much fun
Nope. If you set up a good defense (You will need loads of machineguns and mortars. Place all units [machineguns and normal squads, dont use snipers because zombies die too fast] in the same trench, but place the mortars a bit in front of the trench. If you have enough machineguns and normal gunners, the zombies wont touch the mortars. Placing the mortars at the front line makes sure that they will always shoot => maximized damage) then you will be able to reach score 4000. If you reach 4000, plug in your iDevice, place it somewhere and do something for your reallife (dont quit the app!!!).
The laggs (you will notice them after 2000 points, zombies split up into 2 groups, one group walks for a second, then it stops and the other group walks...) will cause a crash somewhere between 7000 and 8000 points (no, after 4000 points your defense is good enough so you dont need more units... Trust me, just put your device to the side and come back 15 minutes later)

I hope at least the laggs will be fixed...
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vingdoloras View Post
Nope. If you set up a good defense (You will need loads of machineguns and mortars. Place all units [machineguns and normal squads, dont use snipers because zombies die too fast] in the same trench, but place the mortars a bit in front of the trench. If you have enough machineguns and normal gunners, the zombies wont touch the mortars. Placing the mortars at the front line makes sure that they will always shoot => maximized damage) then you will be able to reach score 4000. If you reach 4000, plug in your iDevice, place it somewhere and do something for your reallife (dont quit the app!!!).
The laggs (you will notice them after 2000 points, zombies split up into 2 groups, one group walks for a second, then it stops and the other group walks...) will cause a crash somewhere between 7000 and 8000 points (no, after 4000 points your defense is good enough so you dont need more units... Trust me, just put your device to the side and come back 15 minutes later)

I hope at least the laggs will be fixed...
Yes, you will see that the lags have been addressed in the update and the zombie mode greatly enhanced.