★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NimbleBit LLC
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.6 MB
  • Version: 1.4.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.1 (9)
App description: Spell your way through 15 different types of fish! Gather fish and unlock new ones as you discover more hidden words. Can't think of any more words? Shake to scramble the keyboard or ask for a hint. Stumble upon a word you haven't heard before? Fishtropolis defines each word for you!

Fishtropolis is a sequel to the popular Textropolis, the widely acclaimed word game.

"Fishtropolis is a deluxe word game that has real unique gameplay, and a true stand out in the genre." - www.AppAdvice.com

- 15 levels with over 2,500 hidden words!
- 5 game slots
- iPod music support
- word definitions

eeenmachine's comments:

12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Any Ian game is an insta-buy!

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki

12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
All right, the sequel to my favorite word game for the Iphone is out! Not complaining, mind you, but whatever happened to Textaurant? I thought that was supposed to be the sequel. In any case, I bought it just now and look forward to playing this one.
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow that was fast! Just heard it was coming yesterday!
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Just bought it!

Thought Zoopolis would be a good sequel though, could have had tons of animals!
12-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Fast Foodopolis?
12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Whoa, the new appInfo stuff is crazy!
Yeah, it looks so professional! Downloading Fishtropolis now . . .

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Have to say - the blooping sound with the star is not quite as satisfying as the construction sound with Textropolis. On the other hand, it's so nice to hear any sounds at all. I haven't heard any sounds for so long on Textropolis since I'm one of those who refused to kill off any of my "population" to gain a hint. Maybe since I'll only be losing "points" here though I'll try the hint system here (right? The -5 wasn't losing your fish population, was it?) I'd forgotten how I got so addicted to Textropolis. Looks like another long evening.
12-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drach View Post
I haven't heard any sounds for so long on Textropolis since I'm one of those who refused to kill off any of my "population" to gain a hint.
I started doing that, but eventually resorted to using hints when I was stuck with 3 words left in Kingston for over a week.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?