★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Retro VS GForce

01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Retro VS GForce

I bought Retro at it's full price (it's on sale now) and I do really like it, but GForce seems a lot more fun somehow? The dev has updated it heaps since it first came out, and now has different ships with different handling. Most people seem to prefer Retro though, which I do enjoy.

Any thoughts from others who've played both?

EDIT: I guess my point is that I see a lot more people talking about Retro, whilst I prefer GForce for playability and so wondered if others disagree, or haven't see it, or have forgotten about it

Anyway, I wouldn't have one of the other, must have both on my iPhone, so i guess that says something.

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.

Last edited by darwiniandude; 01-18-2009 at 05:15 PM.
01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
since i bought it, gforce has its little place on the front page of my ipod.....it had one or two issues in version 1.0 but in 1.5 it improved heavily. it was already very good in V1.2

water, moving obstacles, whirlwinds, volcanos.....it is really variable and with the new ships and its amount of levels, i think it represents a great value for only 99 cents.

in my opinion it is basically a no-brainer. if you enjoy retro and cave flyers in general, you should really get this game. it costs basically nothing and will entertain you alot.

every ship is coming with a different flight behaviour, so even after you finish, ehich will take a while, it should still keep you entertained.
01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
how many levels does gforce have?

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
at first it had only one difficulty level with 30 levels and the dev then added another "easy" mode which brought another 30 levels.

additionally you can adjust the difficulty level, which gives you either a very strong shield, medium shield or no shield.

together with the different ships it gives you quite a challenge.