★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombieville USA Question

12-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Zombieville USA Question

Is zombieville more like top score kind-of game (i.e. minigore, doodle jump, pac-man) or story/stage completion kind-of game (i.e. sway, Bust-a-Move, Labyrinth 2)?

Thanks!
12-31-2009, 01:05 AM
High score, but you do stop to buy stuff in-between levels.

Gameloft LIVE: Lethal_Tuna
Plus Network: nbgfr478ii
"Have a Nice Day!"

12-31-2009, 08:21 AM
The devs refer to Zombieville USA as a "survival" game: how long can you stay alive against the undead horde, how many of them can you kill, etc. There are games stages, and you are given an opportunity to spend money to buy weapons and health at the end of each stage... plus, in the new update there are checkpoints every 5 levels so you can easily return to a level close to where the game ended as the zombies snack on your tasty brains.

Also, it features an awesome soundtrack.
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Jim View Post
The devs refer to Zombieville USA as a "survival" game: how long can you stay alive against the undead horde, how many of them can you kill, etc. There are games stages, and you are given an opportunity to spend money to buy weapons and health at the end of each stage... plus, in the new update there are checkpoints every 5 levels so you can easily return to a level close to where the game ended as the zombies snack on your tasty brains.

Also, it features an awesome soundtrack.
very funny

and yeah, zombieville is a survival game, and it seems awesome. try the lite out.

has no highscores though

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
very funny

and yeah, zombieville is a survival game, and it seems awesome. try the lite out.

has no highscores though
yes it does...highscore of # of zombies killed + highest level made

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
12-31-2009, 10:16 AM
So it does have highscores (with leaderboards) where I could compete for higher positions on the leaderboard? Also, you mentioned saving every 5 levels, how does this work highscores (do you start at #0 kills, is there a maximum stage)?

Thanks again!!! I played the demo. I loved the gameplay, but was confused on how it played.
12-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I think they're just personal high scores, no online or anything. To be honest I really don't see the attraction of online high scores, I play fun games, I don't just play games to get on top of the leaderboard, mostly because I don't have the skill or time, but that's just me. Bottom line, Zombieville is a very enjoyable game that I always find myself coming back to especially since the most recent update.

Currently playing: Battleheart
Hardware: Black 32GB iPad 2, iPhone 3GS 16GB, Macbook Pro 13", iMac
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
I think they're just personal high scores, no online or anything. To be honest I really don't see the attraction of online high scores, I play fun games, I don't just play games to get on top of the leaderboard, mostly because I don't have the skill or time, but that's just me. Bottom line, Zombieville is a very enjoyable game that I always find myself coming back to especially since the most recent update.
yeah, it's a great game, i think the gameplay is the most important thing you should consider first。。。on line leaderboard is only an ornament。。。