★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the world of Pirate Climber - a full on 3D platform puzzler game of adventure!

Enter our hero Chef, as he is known on the grand Pirate ship Mayhem. A simple man, with a large chefs hat and beard to match! Chef lives the quiet life of a pirate every day grudgingly preparing delicious meals in the small galley.

This day however is not so quiet for Chef, as he is thrust out of his tiny kitchen and into the big open wildernes to gather food and ingredients for his angry Captain and crew.

Lead Chef through 50 levels set in 5 riveting areas of climbing, jumping and collecting. Avoid or take out enemies. Complete Chefs quest for the elusive ingredients required to make his signature dish, Crème of Glowing Skull Soup!

Failure of course, is a walk on the plank...
Success is up to you!
Adventure awaits me hearty!

-----------

TouchArcade.com forum feedback:
"I've had a chance to play through the first two levels (out of forty), and I have to say, this is a very good platformer. Cute 3D graphics, decent controls (they take a bit of getting used to, especially when climbing, but once you get them they do the job nicely), fairly original gameplay, and, as far as I can tell right now, tons of content spread across four different "worlds." Chop Chop Ninja may have been my surprise of the year, but Pirate Climber is not that far behind. I would recommend that any platforming fans at least check out the lite version."

Nekcik's comments:

Kinda sneaked into the app Store a sec ago, but it is listed as Free, feel free to delete this post if the dev happens to make a new thread.

And yes i have a bit over 200 post and i still can't figure out how to link to app shopper thingy (sorry)

Thanks for the app link info Pluto6

ALSO: I was asked to post this from a PM i received earlier.

Hi,

My name is Sven Myhre from Amazing Games in Norway.

The history behind the game is actually kind of cool. I have been the director, producer and designer of the game - but the game have been developed by a small 8-man studio we set up in Cape Town in South Africa (with a 50% support from the Norwegian government) to help train and educate game and media developers in South Africa. So all the developers are fresh out of school, and have been working at the studio for a year now. This group have developed 3 games in total now (2 more games coming soon), and we really hope this will help them by giving the necessary experience to set up own development studios and help grow the game development community in South Africa.

Also:
Since you have created this thread - could you please add to your post that it is possible to also play the game in the webbrowser on a PC or Mac, by going to http://PirateClimber.com ?

Also, the webpage include a YouTube video which include some gameplay...

Also, we offer a free WIDGET on the same site, for the Mac users, which include more levels - the entire first world (10 levels).

Thanks,
Sven Myhre
Amazing Games
12-31-2009, 01:31 AM
info deleted - Nekcik added info to his post...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 12-31-2009 at 02:07 AM.

12-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow...pretty nice for a free game.

It's cool, refreshing, and irresistibly tantalizing...ChocoVanilla Ice-Cream!
12-31-2009, 02:30 AM
It's actually a lite. You can purchase the full game for $1.99 within the app as DLC.

It's really a 2.5 D platformer, like Pandemonium. Only played through the tutorial, but so far it seems pretty neat.
12-31-2009, 02:34 AM
Looks very good
12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
A note from the developer...

Hi, my name is Sven Myhre from Amazing Games in Norway, and I have been the producer, director, game designer and project lead for Pirate Climber.

First, I would like you all to know that there is a fully playable version for testing right inside your webbrowser if you happen to have a PC or a Mac - and that we also offer an extended version for Mac users in the form of a desktop widget, which include the entire first world - with 10 levels.
Full PC and Mac compatible versions coming the upcoming days.
You find all these and more at the games website:

http://PirateClimber.com

Something special
I just wanted to shred some insight into the background of the development of this game. About a year ago we started a game development studio in Cape Town, South Africa, to help grow and nurture the game development community. We did this in cooperation with a Norwegian 3rd world country development fund, and they helped offset some of the cost of setting up and maintaining a studio on the other side of the world.

Except for LUNA arcade and one or two other small but cool game development companies located around Johannesburg (at the other side of the country), there is pretty much nothing happening when it comes to game development as a business, so we hired almost the entire crew right out of animation and media schools. Our target was to spend a year educating them, training them and helping them get a portfolio, so they in turn could start new businesses and new game development studios.

During the course of the year they have produced a total of three games - so there are two more games to come. But for now, please download the free game (and feel free to purchase the DLC as well) and give your support and comments to the team who are about to venture out into the big unknown and do "their own things". Please add your comment to this thread. Your support will definitely help grow their confidence, and give us the incentive to keep doing this thing.

South Africva IS after all a wonderful country and people filled with much potential and far less opportunities than the average iPhone / iPod owner.

Thanks!
Thank you for you time.

Last edited by ChezDoodles; 12-31-2009 at 07:43 AM.
12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for giving us some background on the studio. I picked up the full game to show my support (it also happens to be a pretty nice game).
12-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Very nice project, I like to support this company and the game looks great. Cheers and best of luck!
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I've had a chance to play through the first two levels (out of forty), and I have to say, this is a very good platformer. Cute 3D graphics, decent controls (they take a bit of getting used to, especially when climbing, but once you get them they do the job nicely), fairly original gameplay, and, as far as I can tell right now, tons of content spread across four different "worlds." Chop Chop Ninja may have been my surprise of the year, but Pirate Climber is not that far behind. I would recommend that any platforming fans at least check out the lite version.
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
crap!

I really wanted to play this one but it says it is not compatible with my 2g ipod touch and will not install it. Bummer!

Dylan1696 ]
Playing: ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──'─, Discworld, Broken Sword, Flight of the Amazon Queen The Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jim & Frank BRM, Highborn