★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anyone tested one of those 3 Adventures from AppStore?

01-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone tested one of those 3 Adventures from AppStore?

Hi guys,

i know the headline is not very well picked, but anyway, I'm interested if anyone of you played one of these three adventures? I would like to wright done some additional information on them, but currently don't want to buy them just based on the small pics and infos

JakeHunter Seaside City Conspiracy

JakeHunter Crash and Burn

Imprisoned!

For the Germans, you can find some pictures directy under this link, click me.
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
jack hunter looks something like csi: miami.
but it doesn't seem to be very polished though.

01-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Imprisoned! is pretty good, but it requires a bit of patience. Thankfully they released a patch with easy mode, which makes it much more playable from the start. Unfortunately it makes the game ridiculously easy, and without any challenge the game lacks a purpose.

The story is atrocious and the inventory system is poorly implemented. When you go to combine items, it will be lit up in the synthesis menu, but then it will tell you that you need to go back to storage and pick up your items, making for a frustrating experience.

With those quips aside, the game is pretty entertaining. It has a ton of unrealized potential that will hopefully be attained with a couple more updates.
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Is Imposoned an adventure game? I thought it was more like a 2D rpg/shooter? I haven't played it though. Does it have any puzzles?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
I have all the gumballs!
01-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I want to try the JakeHunters, but I haven't taken the plunge. I loved the Gabriel Knight PC games. Wish there was something similar here.
01-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
I want to try the JakeHunters, but I haven't taken the plunge. I loved the Gabriel Knight PC games. Wish there was something similar here.
Hopefully if the Myst, Syberia, and Return to Mystery Island ports do well than we'll see some more good games (both ports and originals) coming soon after that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
I have all the gumballs!
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Is Syberia, Myst and Return to Mystery Island coming for the Iphone? Any release dates? It would be awsome if it were true!
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
For the Jake Hunter games, just check out the Nintendo DS reviews as I believe the game includes all 3 cases. So far they have only released 2 cases for the iPhone.
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I knew Jake Hunter looked familiar! The reviews weren't favorable for that title if I remember correctly, but if they're releasing DS adventure titles, then maybe we can get some Phoenix Wright love in here.

And yeah, Imprisoned! isn't a classic adventure title, it's more of an rpg.
01-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfoot View Post
Is Syberia, Myst and Return to Mystery Island coming for the Iphone? Any release dates? It would be awsome if it were true!
I was a bit curious myself, so after a little Google legwork, here's what I found:
Syberia April, 2009 http://www.tetraedge.com/
Return to Mystery Island, February, 2009 http://www.tetraedge.com/
Myst, announced 8/08 http://www.macworld.com/article/1351...8/08/myst.html