★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sensei Evan

12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Sensei Evan

Here you can see pic's of Sensei Evan. First two are from Ep. 3 (v 1.20), and other two are from Ep. 3.5 (v 1.25).

PS: As you can see (on 3rd and 4th pic) Evan is on snow terrain, but... You cannot play with Sensei Evan on snow map, this is MOD, I modified TEXTURES only so I can play snow map with all characters, also I modified bushes, rocks and trees, since the same textures were used for both maps (snowy and not-snowy one).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1old.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	12914   Click image for larger version

Name:	2old.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	12915   Click image for larger version

Name:	1new.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	12916  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2new.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	12917  
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Cool.

12-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Nice! It's gonna be a while for me to gain that many kills still...

Game Center: Diligence
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
What happened to the sweet crossbone shades in the second set of pics?

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Does Evan have sounds? I hate it that not all characters say something... it's part of the game for me :P
01-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by le'deuche123 View Post
What happened to the sweet crossbone shades in the second set of pics?
They changed it obviously (it's not me). It's better that way because he looks different than common Evan. First version of Sensei Evan looked same as Evan, but the beard was only difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vingdoloras View Post
Does Evan have sounds? I hate it that not all characters say something... it's part of the game for me :P
No, he doesn't have sounds. :-(
01-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzytheking View Post
They changed it obviously (it's not me). It's better that way because he looks different than common Evan. First version of Sensei Evan looked same as Evan, but the beard was only difference.

No, he doesn't have sounds. :-(
I'll better save the kills for some other characters (let's hope some omre characters WITH sound appear in future!)

Would be nice if Sensei Evan had a Yoda-type of language
01-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Or a Jamaican accent )))))

Currently playing: max payne, gta III (VC and SA), KOTOR, Man of Steel, Zombie Smash, Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump.
Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, The Witness, Transistor (?), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
01-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I unlocked Santa gore last night. All I learn is unlocking the upper chars gives you nothing but a new skin. Pretty
much environear is the only char with any upgrades AMA new atrbutes. Go.

I'm burnt out on minigore will look for somthing else to play till next update I think. Have a great 2010 minigore fans
chris.
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Minigore dev diary

Here's a closer look at Evan Hsu and Sensei Evan models:

(for artists out there it's 3ds Max viewport of the ingame model)

Next speaking characters will be Evan Hsu and Egoraptor himself. (Egoraptor is doing the voice for both)

Many models and textures have received small tweaks here and there ever since Episode 1. Don't know how many people noticed but I've changed the ground texture quite a bit since then:

Enviro-bear was the first one to receive shotgun as a custom ability in Episode 3.5. We're looking at the feedback to decide how we should do customization for other characters. Dual wielded machine guns was one cool suggestion for Sensei Evan's default weapons.

Optimally I would like to have a switch in the menu that allows you to play them as visual skins OR with custom abilities. I don't really like the idea of 12 different leaderboards but at least that way there would still be one main leaderboard that accepts all characters. (custom abilities turned off)

Another difficult thing with dozen characters is testing them all and making sure they don't break the game.

Everything was tweaked for specific firing rate, single running speed and still people found a way to exploit the gameplay before Episode 3. It's easy to break the game by tweaking the attributes too much. Make one character just a bit too fast and the furries can't catch you at all. Make the change too small and no one will notice it's different etc.

KingHunt - The Next Generation Slicing Game Lead designer
Bike Baron artist & co-creator
Minigore artist & co-creator
Ice Rage artist & co-creator
Death Rally game designer