★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I can't install some apps on my iPod?

12-31-2009, 02:26 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
I can't install some apps on my iPod?

Hi all. So today i received promo codes for two games. Tower of the Sorcerer and Rogueship. So i redeemed them, then it started downloading. Then when i try to sync it to my ipod it just won't install. I also make sure the games are checked too. Then i said "well this isn't a problem, i can just download it on my ipod in the app store" well i tried that but when i search for the games, the suggestions pop up then, when press the name of the game, it says "No match found" Do any of you encounter this?

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
#2
You've reached your promo code limit. Now you cant redeem any more.

12-31-2009, 02:28 PM
#3
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
That's not true...i've just traded something for Home Run Battle today and it worked...

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
#4
Your ipod has minutes before apple locks it for good. Apple doesn't get a share from promo codes.
12-31-2009, 02:31 PM
#5
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Your ipod has minutes before apple locks it for good. Apple doesn't get a share from promo codes.
You're kidding.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
12-31-2009, 02:32 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
That's not true...i've just traded something for Home Run Battle today and it worked...
and just download them directly from the appstore and you wont have to pay...did it many times to save myself syncing time

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
#7
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
and just download them directly from the appstore and you wont have to pay...did it many times to save myself syncing time
Yes i know that but the problem is that when i go to look for the games in the app store, i hit on the suggestions that pop up when you start typing and it says no match found.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
You've reached your promo code limit. Now you cant redeem any more.
wait there's a such thing? LOL.

Twitter: @back2this
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
Yes i know that but the problem is that when i go to look for the games in the app store, i hit on the suggestions that pop up when you start typing and it says no match found.
The first sign that apple is preparing to lock you out.
12-31-2009, 02:36 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
Yes i know that but the problem is that when i go to look for the games in the app store, i hit on the suggestions that pop up when you start typing and it says no match found.
oh i have seen that before...your ipod has exactly 32.432453353525 minutes before it will explode. The best cource of action would be to flush it down the toilet.

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ