★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2010, the year of demo apps with DLC.

12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
2010, the year of demo apps with DLC.

It's going to be a different year for gaming folks. Already you can see the spike in DLC apps. 2009 was a good year, great apps, little $$. I think it's all coming to a change.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
12-31-2009, 03:29 PM
cool

Currently playing: Battleheart
Hardware: Black 32GB iPad 2, iPhone 3GS 16GB, Macbook Pro 13", iMac

12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Thats the way it should have been for the very beginning. A hell lot better than having separate lite and full versions.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 12-31-2009 at 04:01 PM.
12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
It's going to be a different year for gaming folks. Already you can see the spike in DLC apps. 2009 was a good year, great apps, little $$. I think it's all coming to a change.
god speed brother...god speed. But gahhhhh, DLC is such a pain!!! sometimes it doesnt work, sometimes you have to keep DL/ing it, why not just protect your apps better that are paid!!! Cuz if i see more stuff like F.A.S.T. or Skies Of Glory or Eliminate, i will eat myself, as much as we hear this, its a rip off! theres a whole post about this dude talking about how its a ripoff!

The Life Blog
Minecraft
12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
^^ agreed

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Its all fun and games till half of the iphone consumer base is pirating software!!!!
12-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I like the idea really. Blockoban and rolando 2 had the right idea.

Playstaion Network: zachattacksox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
my guns are so big i cant scratch my nose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate View Post
Why would you hold firearms while scratching your nose?
12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattacksox View Post
Yes, but eliminate, skies of glory, etc...... didn't.
01-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
..... if i see more stuff like F.A.S.T. or Skies Of Glory or Eliminate, i will eat myself, as much as we hear this, its a rip off! theres a whole post about this dude talking about how its a ripoff!
I agree that they are on the extreme side of what we would expect for DLC. Eliminate would be a must better game without the limitation but it can be played and managed, but I hear ya. How about Dark Nebula, you get 30 min of gameplay and then it's time to buy again, not my style.

Quote:
Yep two good examples of how it should be done IMO.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Thats the way it should have been for the very beginning. A hell lot better than having separate lite and full versions.
Ya, looking forward to the lite versions going away. I think we'll get better and more accurate tests of demos minus the weight of an extra app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
..... if i see more stuff like F.A.S.T. or Skies Of Glory or Eliminate, i will eat myself, as much as we hear this, its a rip off! theres a whole post about this dude talking about how its a ripoff!
I agree that they are on the extreme side of what we would expect for DLC. Eliminate would be a must better game without the limitation but it can be played and managed, but I hear ya. How about Dark Nebula, you get 30 min of gameplay and then it's time to buy again, not my style.

Quote:
Yep two good examples of how it should be done IMO.