★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's the point of the text-points based games?

12-31-2009, 10:21 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
What's the point of the text-points based games?

Seriously...I can't imagine a more boring experience....
12-31-2009, 10:42 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,791
what do you mean text points? do you mean like the old school bbs games?

chris.

12-31-2009, 10:44 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
what do you mean text points? do you mean like the old school bbs games?

chris.
He means the dope war clones. There is no point. It's just a referral service disguised a game where the devs try to get as many people to see the ads the fuel the "game" as possible. It's how they make their bread and butter.
12-31-2009, 10:46 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
It's how they make their bread and butter.
Couldn't they just buy bread and butter from a store...?
12-31-2009, 10:49 PM
#5
The point of all games. To suck you and your money into the game. But it is a horrible genre with about 100 different games each with the same concept into tiny different themes.

Playstaion Network: zachattacksox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
my guns are so big i cant scratch my nose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate View Post
Why would you hold firearms while scratching your nose?
12-31-2009, 10:57 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 夣胧桃源
Posts: 1,869
There isn't any point other than enlarging internet egos that no one can see. Funny how some people would rather play text games than real MMORPGs; at least people can see your ego in terms of power and rudeness in real MMORPGs.
12-31-2009, 11:39 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora View Post
there isn't any point other than enlarging internet egos that no one can see. Funny how some people would rather play text games than real mmorpgs; at least people can see your ego in terms of power and rudeness in real mmorpgs.
lol.

Twitter: @back2this
01-01-2010, 12:01 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattacksox View Post
The point of all games. To suck you and your money into the game. But it is a horrible genre with about 100 different games each with the same concept into tiny different themes.
So true....
01-01-2010, 12:49 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: State of Hysteria
Posts: 1,487
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
i have to say, i fell into the trap of these games, simply because i needed free games and im a sucker for anything with RPG elements in it... only recently was i able to break the cycle and get myself away from these types of games...

DEFY THE COSMOS!
01-01-2010, 01:05 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,587
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProxy View Post
Couldn't they just buy bread and butter from a store...?
Fail.