★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Focus-LX
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 47.8 MB
  • Version: 1,0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Reconquest the EPS-71 planet.
A fleet of aliens invaded all installations and they believe this planet is theirs.
Exterminate the aliens and their leader to clean the buildings.

Welcome to Dark Area.

This is a single player 3D First Person Shooter for iPhone and iPod touch.

Main Features :
- Discover five big levels to clean.
- Collect keys to open doors and access different sectors.
- Easy controls with auto lock weapon system.
- Indoor and outdoor environments.
- English, French, Spanish and German in-game menus.
- 10 different alien classes to fight.
- Advanced graphics powered by Antiryad Gx 3D game engine.

Required configuration : iPhone and iPod touch with OS 2.2.1 (or higher)

This game was developed by Arkham Development (http://www.arkham-devlopment.com/) and is distributed on iPhone by Focus-LX (http://www.focus-lx.com/)

You can also visit the official Dark Area web homepage and access forums.
01-01-2010, 09:48 AM
looks good will try

01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
does look good...might try this out when i get a new itunes card

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
01-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Any video?

memory cards
01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Bought it, played it, deleted 5 minutes later. Had this come out a year ago, perhaps I would have given it a chance: the controls are not terrible, the graphics are not bad, and the basic functionality of walking/shooting/switching weapons works fine. Compared to MC:S, Nova, CoD: Zombies, Eliminate, and even indies like The Infinity Project and ToonWarz, Dark Area is just crude, unengaging, and no fun. I don't recommend it unless you have some pathological need to own every FPS on the platform. .
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Bought it, played it, deleted 5 minutes later. Had this come out a year ago, perhaps I would have given it a chance: the controls are not terrible, the graphics are not bad, and the basic functionality of walking/shooting/switching weapons works fine. Compared to MC:S, Nova, CoD: Zombies, Eliminate, and even indies like The Infinity Project and ToonWarz, Dark Area is just crude, unengaging, and no fun. I don't recommend it unless you have some pathological need to own every FPS on the platform. .
Thanks for the timely TOFFT!
Appreciate you taking the hit (so the rest of us don't have to...)
It looks OK from the screenshots, but there are certainly better options out there. As you mentioned, Infinity Project isn't bad, and will get better with the upcoming update...
01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
Thanks for the timely TOFFT!
Appreciate you taking the hit (so the rest of us don't have to...)
It looks OK from the screenshots, but there are certainly better options out there. As you mentioned, Infinity Project isn't bad, and will get better with the upcoming update...
No problem. Frankly, I don't mind TOFTTing. My average lately has been pretty good, with some really nice purchases like Chop Chop Ninja, Haunted Mansion, and Pirate Climber. Getting there first (or close to first) is part of the fun for me, particularly if I get to report on a hidden gem.

Sadly, this wasn't one of them.
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Why are people thinking this looks good? It's a overpriced nova ripoff
01-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlovak View Post
I don't see why this shold be a nova ripoff... that it's overpriced I'd understand from the screenshots!
01-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlovak View Post
The idea that Nova could be "ripped off" is pretty laughable, since it borrows so much from Halo, Dead Space, Quake 4, etc, etc. (It's a good game, just not original).

In any even, from the screenshots and description it seemed to have the potential to be fun, even if not beautiful or groundbreaking.