★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shoot On Sight - coming this january

01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Shoot On Sight - coming this january

ASC Software's first major iphone game "Shoot On Sight" has been submitted to Apple and is expected to be in the App Store early january.

You Tube video

As the name depicts, it is a shooting game but the difference is that instead of shooting 3D or 2D characters you actually shoot real people.

No no it is not a weapon but we can call it as a Virtual Weapon. The game stores an image of each of your shot. The image includes your victim, where they were shot, date/time and your location.

So you can start shooting your colleagues, friends, relatives or even a celebrity and share your shots with everyone else.

Heaps of options
As every good game, Shoot On Sight comes with heaps of weapons and other options to choose from. You can even choose gun filters and weapon wounds to give your shots the right look.

Facebook Connectivity
With facebook connectivity you can send this image to your facebook account with the touch of a button and also write news feeds telling who you shot.

One of the main concepts of this game was to be able to play it just like paintball skirmish, accept that you can play it anywhere you want, for as long as you want and with no boundaries to care about.

You don't even need to have Wifi to play the multiplayer mode. Just sync all the phones using Bluetooth at the beginning of the game and leave the rest to the application. All players will have a record of the teams and the app maintains everyone's phone numbers so you can communicate via sms or a phone call from with in the application. And than share the photos to see who shot who.

Lite Version
The Lite version is already on the App Store Link

for any further enquiries, you can email me at hammad.mujtaba@ascsoftware.com.au
01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
May be some stupid questions coming up but I got a little bit confused in the description
1.so this is like a laser gun simulation?
2.if so are you confident it will work well as there other applications on the Market like this that just don't work at all
I'm really hoping this works well

aww no! It's only for iPhone by utilising the camera good idea tho....

Last edited by jlegend; 01-01-2010 at 12:45 PM.
01-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Out Now on the AppStore

Shoot On Site Pro is available now on the AppSotre

AppStore Link

Yeah it does use the iPhone camera,

Here is a simple example of what you can do with it. Many more weapons and wounds included in the Pro version.

We will be giving out promo codes in the Iphone games forums Soon so keep watching.

Any queries, don't hesitate to mail us at hammad.mujtaba@ascsoftware.com.au
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok, you got me with this one. Thats a real hand but the wound is computer graphics/fake, right? Sometimes digital graphics can be too realistic.

Anyway games sounds cool, can't wait to see it in the itunes store.