★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Labyrinth (Original) Gone?

01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: In the App Store
Posts: 897
Labyrinth (Original) Gone?

So I subscribed to the 12 Days of Christmas the UK iTunes Store has going on even though I am in the US because I'm curious as to what they are getting for free. Well on the 8th day, they are getting the app "Labyrinth" for free...what I don't understand is that "Labyrinth" seems to have totally disappeared from the US Store and all that remains is "Labyrinth Lite" and "Labyrinth 2" (which btw is made by a different developer...) So I'm REALLY confused, when did all this happen and what's with the change in developers? Anyone care to explain or clear this all up for me? :S

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter
01-01-2010, 09:01 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dat App View Post
So I subscribed to the 12 Days of Christmas the UK iTunes Store has going on even though I am in the US because I'm curious as to what they are getting for free. Well on the 8th day, they are getting the app "Labyrinth" for free...what I don't understand is that "Labyrinth" seems to have totally disappeared from the US Store and all that remains is "Labyrinth Lite" and "Labyrinth 2" (which btw is made by a different developer...) So I'm REALLY confused, when did all this happen and what's with the change in developers? Anyone care to explain or clear this all up for me? :S
Apple just loves kicking us in the balls, don't they?

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki

01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
Here: http://www.itunes.com/day8
You must click that link while signed in with the UK

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: In the App Store
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
Here: http://www.itunes.com/day8
You must click that link while signed in with the UK
I know I gotta make a UK iTunes Account...but that's not my question. Why or When did this app vanish from the US Store completely? And how come Labyrinth 1 and Labyrinth 2 are made by different developers but appear to be a part of the same series?

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dat App View Post
And how come Labyrinth 1 and Labyrinth 2 are made by different developers but appear to be a part of the same series?
The dev team hadn't been formed back then.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: In the App Store
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
The dev team hadn't been formed back then.
Sorry, that still kinda confuses me...I don't really understand. Also, I noticed that the Original is also gone from the UK Store and ONLY appears because of that magical link...this is weird.

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter
01-01-2010, 09:17 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 132
Labyrinth and Let's Golf are gone, both are part of the UK 12 days of iTunes giveaways. I suspect that they were removed prior to the giveaway and will return after it is done.

Currently Playing: iBlast Moki, Super Monkey Ball 2, Cobra Command, Assassin's Creed
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dat App View Post
Sorry, that still kinda confuses me...I don't really understand. Also, I noticed that the Original is also gone from the UK Store and ONLY appears because of that magical link...this is weird.
It's not that hard. Codify made Labyrinth, then afterwards said "I know, let's form a dev team!". His friends and contacts got together and Illusion Labs was born.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-01-2010, 09:33 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: In the App Store
Posts: 897
Ok thanks for the answers guys and to confirm, their Twitter says "Don't know why L1 isn't available in the US right now. Probably Apple's doing due to 12 days of Christmas event?"

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter