★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [GAME new release] Soccer Virtual Cup

01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
[GAME new release] Soccer Virtual Cup

I'm enjoying my first 3 days with +5000 downloads, used cocos2d 0.8.2 and chimpmunk physic engine. Also used the loopmenu.

Price: Free (In App Purchase)
App Store link: http://itunes.com/app/soccervirtualcup
Homepage: http://www.soccervirtualcup.com
Download link:http://itunes.com/app/soccervirtualcup

My game is running on IGFMobile 2010:
http://www.igfmobile.com/php-bin/entry2010.php?id=389

It’s based on the famous Brazilian “Button Football” Game.

Join the fun game of Soccer Virtual Cup, play against your friends, or win the world virtual cup, beating 7 matches to became the champion.

Featuring groundbreaking physics, 2 weather type, 4 stadiums, each of them has it’s own physics and four game modes, world virtual cup, versus mode, single match, and the coolest bluetooth multiplayer, beat your friends and have fun!

Simple made-for-mobile controls make playing a breeze and addictive gameplay is guaranteed.

The game has 4 modules:
- Single match (Free)
- World Cup: play against AI players. (Full Version)
- Versus Mode: 2 players on same iPhone(Free)
- Multiplayer: bluetooth, beat your friends.(Full Version)

(Full Version) In app purchase non consumable - Promotional Price: $0.99
-----------------------------

ScreenShots:

Icon:

Please let me get your opinion.

[]s
Gil Beyruth
01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I just tried the free version and I really like it. I am not sure where some of low ratings are coming from. I will probably buy the full version later tonight.

I am not really a fan of these button soccer games but this is a very polished game and the game play pace is more of an action sports game, which I like.

01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks a lot Bazooka,

Awsome to have your feedback!!

Sux not to have the negative feedback, only ratings.

I'm planning on having scoreboard installed and adding challenges , thinking of Open Feint. (or Plus Plus)

I'm also planning on having each player individualy setup "power versus weight" , and having a stamina bar for each, and shut it down one turn for the player when it gets tired.(empty stamina bar)

Double touch torque would be nice too.

I will also add a better notice for starting each turn.

I'm happy anyway, +5k downloads on 3 days, 13 negatives is not that much.

Please support me on your opinions and buying it
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Any chance you could make this available to us 1st gen users?
01-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
Any chance you could make this available to us 1st gen users?
Sorry, but I'm using Apple GameKit for multiplayer bluetooth connection.

Might be some way to do the multiplayer without it, like wifi or something, but I'm kinda noob, it's my first iphone game, I also don't know if in app purchase works on 1st gen? I'm pretty sure GK doesn't.
01-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Double Post. See my full post below.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 01-02-2010 at 08:46 PM.
01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
in app purchases do work on the first gen. Everything should be pretty much the same, minus bluetooth and a little memory. As far as I know, Apple provides the "gamekit" for wifi multiplayer. I would love to buy it, but obviously no point if it doesnt work on my device.
01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, I picked up the full version and .99 is an amazing price for this game IMO.

The World Cup mode is great and I love how there are eight groups, which means there are plenty of teams. The gameplay is fast and there is a ton of strategy here. This plays like a line drawing sports game but both teams are moving at the same time, so you really have to think ahead as to where you want to be and where the other team will be.

Scoring is very rewarding as is blocking a shot by planning well. I think the graphics are very polished and love the icons for the teams and the weather effects. The World Cup groups are great and I love the stats that are shown here.

I would love to see a stats catagory for overall game stats, all modes, wins, goals ect. The game is great as is but that would be nice. Also, .99 buys the full game which is a steal IMO. That being said, I was a little confused because World Cup listed .99 and Multiplayer listed .99, where if you buy either you get the full game. It does state full game but this might make people think that they have to buy each mode for .99 and that might cost you some sales.

I think the ideas you have are great and would love to see you continue to update this game. I love how much game you are giving away for free. There is plenty for free here to give someone a good feel for what they can buy. I will leave you a five star review in the store.
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Just wanted to ask this and didn't want it to get lost in my longer impression post.

Is there no way to save during the World Cup mode? If not, you may want to fix that right away as that is a huge negative. Just to get through your group with the shortest time limits would be at least 15 minutes and then you would have the next rounds as well.

I played a couple of games and then didn't see a way to get back to the main menu or save, so I exited the game. When I came back to the game I had to start all over.
01-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Just wanted to ask this and didn't want it to get lost in my longer impression post.

Is there no way to save during the World Cup mode? If not, you may want to fix that right away as that is a huge negative. Just to get through your group with the shortest time limits would be at least 15 minutes and then you would have the next rounds as well.

I played a couple of games and then didn't see a way to get back to the main menu or save, so I exited the game. When I came back to the game I had to start all over.
Bazooka,

Thanks a lot, thats what I needed, it is going to be my first update.

I will start working on it right now.
I'm going to also save the last team choice, weather, time and opponent.

updates are free so I hope I can revert the negatives.

thanks man!

[]s
Gil Beyruth