★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[UNPAID]iDevelopment - Programmer/Artist

01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
[UNPAID]iDevelopment - Programmer/Artist

Team name:
Cinemirc Studios(Not Registered)

Project name:
Too be decided.

Brief description:
At first, our aim will be at very basic games. Our projects will consist of addictive, competitive, non-time consuming fun. Avoidance, strategy, and puzzle game play will be dominant.

Target aim:
Our main goal is to release multiple iPhone/iPod applications.

Compensation:
Until profit is made, project experience is all we can offer. When profit is made, Cinemirc Studios will take a cut and you will be paid a fair amount of profits.

Technology:
iPhone SDK
Mac OS 10.5.5 or later
Objective C
Cocoa

Talent needed:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are willing to work on projects a minimum of two to four hours a day, five days a week. Experience is a must; applicants must include a portfolio. Age 18+ only please.

Current Openings:
1 Programmer
1 Artist

Team structure:
Our team is small but strong in our areas of expertise. Passion drives us to better our new project and most importantly, ourselves.

Jimmy - Founder - Game Design
Jessica - Community / Business Management
Jason - Website / Forum Administrator
Ryan - Internet Marketing

Our website is currently a work in progress. (No Link)

Contacts:
Please submit applications and any questions at CinemircStudios@gmail.com. Applicants please include portfolio.

Previous Work by Team:
This will be our first game project.

Additional Info:
We are a small team trying to make our way through a big door. Money is not greater than passion so it is not what drives us. What satisfies our needs is creating and promoting video games. If you would like to find yourself on this team you will need to have that same mindset. MONEY is just a bonus.
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Gutted that it's 18+

01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I know 18+ there are some great 18- kids out there, froggy1223 (maker of Cheese Collect) but i wouldnt sign up, but great post!

The Life Blog
Minecraft
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
and BUNGIE
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
i posted a reply to this yesterday; and - for some reason the whole thread disappeared.. it was a fairly sized post as well; bummer.

my point was that if you want to start up a team; get real about it and get some funding so that everyone in the team has a reason to do this - not just for "fun". i mean; if you are an indie dev by yourself the only person you can let down is yourself if you try something. if you don't give people incentive; then they wont deliver.

instead of posting this request here; why not try and assemble a group of local people - maybe post the topic to a newsboard at your local university and find someone who can actually meet with you every now and then so you can at least meet up, have some beers and turn it into a friendship?

i started working in this space; on my own 10+ years ago.

since then i earnt some money; saved it and then re-invested it into computers, devices and more importantly - i started paying people for their services (artwork, audio); at least some small money upfront and some long term benefits. it is a business after all. start small, then grow.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
01-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile1up View Post
i posted a reply to this yesterday; and - for some reason the whole thread disappeared.. it was a fairly sized post as well; bummer.

my point was that if you want to start up a team; get real about it and get some funding so that everyone in the team has a reason to do this - not just for "fun". i mean; if you are an indie dev by yourself the only person you can let down is yourself if you try something. if you don't give people incentive; then they wont deliver.

instead of posting this request here; why not try and assemble a group of local people - maybe post the topic to a newsboard at your local university and find someone who can actually meet with you every now and then so you can at least meet up, have some beers and turn it into a friendship?

i started working in this space; on my own 10+ years ago.

since then i earnt some money; saved it and then re-invested it into computers, devices and more importantly - i started paying people for their services (artwork, audio); at least some small money upfront and some long term benefits. it is a business after all. start small, then grow.
Agreed. Most teens here are sometimes good, and for free. Make an app with someone like 15 or so that you like. Earn money off it. Then invest. If u really need to, use. Kickstarter.com

The Life Blog
Minecraft
01-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
When profit is made, Cinemirc Studios will take a cut and you will be paid a fair amount of profits.
How about giving us some numbers?
We might not have the same idea of whats "fail".

2D game artist for hire: www.Shadow-Embryo.com
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Well put Prez and Mb1up

Are the games you are going to be making free?... That might make a little more sense...

Btw, mb1up, how's the intern thing going? Have you found anyone yet? I want to try the approach you suggested when I get a little older, maybe in college. Cause we don't really have a town billboard in NYC.
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yffum View Post
Btw, mb1up, how's the intern thing going? Have you found anyone yet? I want to try the approach you suggested when I get a little older, maybe in college. Cause we don't really have a town billboard in NYC.
i have found a Moroccan student who will be in Stockholm from July for 3 months - but i am open to more applicants. one of the most important things would be being local to Stockholm

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
01-05-2010, 01:36 AM
This project is not about money. If money was made it would be distributed among the team fairly. We are very generous, it would all depend on how much was actually made.

This project is for fun. We love what we do and would love to make this our full time career. However, we are realists when it comes to the amount of money that will or wont be made.

Re-read our additional info section; that is what we believe in. If all that came out of this was a game that sat in the iApp store unnoticed, we would be fine with that. We would learn from our mistakes and move on to our next app or project.

We understand that there are some extremely talented developers that are under the age of 18. So, we re-thought the 18+ age requirement. It will be waived only with the agreement to work for experience only. We do not want to deal with any laws or regulations based on paying minors for work.

With todays technology we do not need to be limited by location. Which is why we posted on the internet. We have been sifting through applications by individuals with different talents that live in countries thousands of miles away. If we stayed local that would not be possible. We want to make use of every resource in our grasps.

Hopefully we answered your questions and cleared up some details. If you have any more feel free to PM or e-mail us. We will still be accepting applications until the end of the week.

Thank you,
Cinemirc Studios