★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Relix is very well-done...'
"Relix is quite the solid puzzle game"
-AppSafari

"Relix really is a super addictive game! If you like a good challenge, at a fair price that will also keep your mind working for hours, this game is for you."
-iPhoneGamerBlog

Relix is a new unique puzzle game made exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch! If you enjoy games that don't make you think, this isn't for you. With some levels hand crafted by the author of the Boxed In series it will often leave you scratching your head.

The concept is simple: Tap and slide game pieces to match like tiles. Sound simple? Relix includes many game elements to keep each level fresh and interesting. Use switches, gates, teleporters, and other interactive game pieces to advance through each level.
FEATURES

* 50 handcrafted levels of increasing difficulty
* Great music that compliments Relix's immersive atmosphere
* Many game elements to keep each level fresh
* Sounds options to disable music/sound. (Disable sound to listen to your iPod while you play)
* Some levels designed by the Author of the 'Boxed In' games enjoyed by millions
* Creative level advancement system which adds more reply value (can you master each level?)
* Game progress is automatically saved
* A simple and intuitive interface (swipe to move)
* Polished game design
* Designed specifically for the iPhone & iPod Touch
* Many hours of game play

We welcome any feedback you may have! We have lots of ideas for future updates and would love to incorporate your feedback/ideas into possible future update
Thanks for your support! We'll do our best to turn out more quality puzzle games.

Thanks for playing!
01-04-2010, 01:15 AM
a.k.a. Puzznic variant MCLXV.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
a.k.a. Puzznic variant MCLXV.
There is nothing wrong variants.
99% of all games are variants of other games.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
...and 1% are worth playing

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
...and 1% are worth playing
And that's still a lot of games

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
01-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
True, nothing's truly original anymore. Variants that actually vary may be worth playing. Variants that are exact copies save for a new coat of paint ... not usually so much.

01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, the video helps its case a little at least: Decently designed, and while it's still Puzznic, it has a couple of little twists here and there. Don't know if the variation is enough to lift it out of the morass of similar games, but at least it shows some effort.

01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
True, nothing's truly original anymore. Variants that actually vary may be worth playing. Variants that are exact copies save for a new coat of paint ... not usually so much.
I agree.

But if you are a fan of the Vexed (never heart of Puzznic) genre it's nice with variants like in Relix.
It's already on my wishlist :-)

>
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 01-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, I'm the developer of Relix. I hadn't made any announcements about the game being released so I was surprised to find this thread here!

It's my first game and though it is not an original concept, I did put a lot of work into it - four months worth of weekends. Full time work and full time school are formidable adversaries for an aspiring indie developer.

Also, being a team of one limits the scope of the projects you can take on, which is why I suspect there are so many puzzle games.

I hadn't heard of Vexed or Puzznic. My inspiration came from an old DOS favorite, 'Brix' by Epic Megagames.

The main thing that makes my game differ from Brix was that I felt Brix had more 'twitchy' game mechanics. Things that required reflexes to solve a level. Mine was intended to be a slower-paced thinking man's game.

I would love to hear any feedback (good and bad).

I submitted a Lite version to the app store last night which has the first 10 levels. The full version has 50 levels and is not easy. I really doubt anyone is going to pass level 50.

Thanks for considering a purchase. I would put that $0.70 toward a good charbroiled brat or polish dog for lunch.

-- edit --

promo code lovin... i may post more on an official announcement thread if thats allowed (hope so since i didn't start this thread )

373P7EFRE7LR
6YWA4KEYTTXN
MKME9EXHPHW6
K7XL4MHAHWAT
ANME79X9PFXR

also, known bug first time you start game there is no sound or music. just restart game and it will be fine. ive already submitted an update to address it

Last edited by overspark; 01-04-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: promo code lovin