★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TerroRats - Jan 8th

01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
TerroRats - Jan 8th

Good News!

TerroRats has just passed the Apple security and they found no bombs. This means that they will land on the AppStore on Friday January 8th.
We will be having a contest here on the TA forums were you will be able to win a promo code and play TerroRats couple of days before it's released.

Description

Terrorats is a puzzle/action game for everyone. Easy to learn so you can start having fun right away, but yet so hard to conquer!

As the rats are marching out on the sandy desert dunes they seem peaceful, but watch out, for some of them have bad intentions. It's your job to keep the area clean of the TerroRats who are carrying time activated explosives and will blow up, unless disarmed and put to jail.

When a rat turns blue or red, he becomes a TerroRat. Quickly drag him to the right color police car before he blows up.

When the police car gets full, drag it out of the screen to empty it. The more rats in the car, the more points you earn.

Earn additional combo bonus points by dragging multiple rats to the police cars quickly.

Various items will appear on the screen, some good and some bad. Throw (drag) the bad objects out of the screen and the good objects to your power-up collector at the bottom of the screen. You can have 2 power-ups at the same time. Activate a power-up by shaking your device.

Power-ups:
Slow Motion - Get a break from the madness and clean up the area while the TerroRats are moving slower.
Extra Seats - Need more room in the police cars? You just got room for 8 units.
Disarm - Save this one for the most stressful moments. All TerroRats will become seemingly friendly rats again.
Starvation - Starve the TerroRats so you can fit more of them in the police cars.

Power-downs:
Steroids - Rats on steroids move and arm faster, so watch out for this one.
Infiltration - TerroRats will steal all your power-ups.
Riot - All rats will be armed and perform a combined effort trying to shut you down.
Cheese - The rats are not watching their weight. Keep them from eating cheese and grow bigger.
Confusion - Police car drivers getting confused and are switching sides.

Download the TerroRats wallpaper at:
www.terrorats.com

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DogTownStudios; 01-04-2010 at 05:15 PM.
01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Congrats!! Why are you holding the release for so long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Preparations =(
Apple suddenly approves app within 5 days instead of 4 weeks so this came as a chock =)
01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Is it a time management game or a sorting game? Congrats either way, the game looks like alot of fun. Can't wait to see it in the itunes store.
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Is it a time management game or a sorting game? Congrats either way, the game looks like alot of fun. Can't wait to see it in the itunes store.
I'm assuming mainly a sorter but it looks even more tricky than that as you can't sort them UNTIL they change from mild mannered to sneaky bastage.

My question so far would be what do those crates do and how do you use them? I saw in the video they were out in the field and the player moved them down in between the paddy wagons never to be touched again so I was not sure if they never used them or if that is how you are supposed to activate them.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm assuming mainly a sorter but it looks even more tricky than that as you can't sort them UNTIL they change from mild mannered to sneaky bastage.

My question so far would be what do those crates do and how do you use them? I saw in the video they were out in the field and the player moved them down in between the paddy wagons never to be touched again so I was not sure if they never used them or if that is how you are supposed to activate them.
You can collect 2 power-ups at a time, in order to use 1 you need to shake your device. Thats why in the Simulator video no power-ups are being used since it did not work to shake the simulator.
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I have updated the post with some further description of the game. If there is someone that wants to give the game a try and write about it here, pm me and i can send you a promo code.
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
I would love to try this game, it looks like fun, is this your first game by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Looks like a fun game, it reminds me of the Mario Bob-omb sorting game on DS, but more in depth. I would like to try it.
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
This is our 3rd game.

ZLIDER

We just released Zlider that got featured here on Touch Arcade. It is free with additional level packs for purchase inside the app for $0.99.

iTunes Link
www.zlider.com

GAME OF DA DEAD

Our first game is called Game of da Dead and is available as a free try out version (Game of da Dead Free) or in a full paid version (Game of da Dead).

www.gameofdadead.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey146 View Post
I would love to try this game, it looks like fun, is this your first game by the way?