Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Robo Rush +lite Out Now

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/robo-rush-free/id369329918?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 05-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: lite
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Game Impressions

This is probably the best of Trinity Games' "stickman" series. Unfortunately, it has some of the same rushed-production issues that plague many of their other entries, including poor sound effects and mediocre controls. Which is too bad, because the game has many of the elements that, in more careful hands, would have produced a memorable platformer. Instead, Robot Rush feels like a mediocre game with potential. It's probably worth a look at .99, but certainly not essential for platformer fans.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm in a dilemma, should I get this or the all-in-1 gamebox...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I'm in a dilemma, should I get this or the all-in-1 gamebox...
IMO, Robo Rush is better than any of the full games included in all in 1 gamebox -- but not by much.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

O wow this looks really pretty o.o, is there a gameplay vid?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is probably the best of Trinity Games' "stickman" series. Unfortunately, it has some of the same rushed-production issues that plague many of their other entries, including poor sound effects and mediocre controls. Which is too bad, because the game has many of the elements that, in more careful hands, would have produced a memorable platformer. Instead, Robot Rush feels like a mediocre game with potential. It's probably worth a look at .99, but certainly not essential for platformer fans.
How many Levels?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
IMO, Robo Rush is better than any of the full games included in all in 1 gamebox -- but not by much.
Ouch... I think they are a bunch of so so games too, but I'm curious to try this out. But better get a gamebox since they cost the same right.. But then again do I really need all those games that I may never play twice..
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Omg I updated the all in one gamebox as this was one o the full games. This game is a complete copy of super Mario bros for the original nes. The level designs are almost identical and the way you use power ups like the fire flower are exactly the same. The biggest complant i have is the controls stick and are not too responsive. If trinitigame can fix the controls this would be a tops platformer for the idevices
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
How many Levels?
No clear indication from what I've played so far, but if you go by the screen shots, at least sixteen (if each level has four parts). It does look pretty, and there's a few clever gameplay ideas and some witty animation in the game (for example, if you wait too long in one place, your robot turns into a suitcase). But the controls are so imprecise as to make the game pretty darned frustrating, and the lack of some obvious sound effects (such as when you destroy an enemy) really takes you out of the action.

Could the game be fixed in an update? Sure it could. Will Triniti deliver on such an update? Maybe...
Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
Omg I updated the all in one gamebox as this was one o the full games. This game is a complete copy of super Mario bros for the original nes. The level designs are almost identical and the way you use power ups like the fire flower are exactly the same. The biggest complant i have is the controls stick and are not too responsive. If trinitigame can fix the controls this would be a tops platformer for the idevices
Funny, I didn't pick up on the Super Mario Bros similarity. That's absolutely right -- they even copied at least one of the sound effects. It also moves slower, I think, but otherwise it's very similar.

Squeaker: if this is included in the All-in-one gamebox, then you choice is easy.

Somebody said they wanted a video. Well, this should give you an idea of the level design:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Even the short cuts are the same. Pretty shameless, really.

Last edited by squarezero; 01-05-2010 at 11:05 AM..