★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Theseus Lite has been released - Forum-wide promo code deal inside.

01-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Theseus Lite has been released - Forum-wide promo code deal inside.

UPDATE 1/22/09: PROMO CODES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR EMAILERS (read below)

Theseus Lite has been released! Theseus Lite has all functionality of the full version, but contains only 17 of the 90+ levels available in the full version.

Theseus Lite App Store Link

Hello everyone - I'm the developer of Theseus and Theseus Lite.

Many of you Touch Arcadians know that this forum is my Theseus promo-code headquarters, and I've received a lot of great feedback from you all and tried to make many of the changes you've suggested. Thread 1 Thread 2 yourofl10's Demo Video

From what I can tell, the general tone of the feedback suggests that most people really enjoy it - and the problem is just getting the word out (since so few people have heard of it). So now that Theseus Lite is available on the App Store (for free), I'd like to call upon you all who have and have not played Theseus to spread the word. Tell your friends and family; write emails to review sites; call your congress(wo)man; demand Theseus banners in front of the inaugural address. Anything you can to spread the word and get people to try out Theseus Lite (free).

If we can get Theseus Lite into the top-25 free apps list, I will supply this forum with 100 promo codes to the full version of the Theseus. And I will separately email a promo code to the full version of Theseus to the first 50 people that BCC me on any email they send to friend/family/reviewer/etc suggesting that they try Theseus Lite (my email is jmfieldman [at] yahoo) Update: I'm getting some great BCC emails - don't forget to tell your friends to tell all of their friends (and so on) Update #2: I should put an expiration date on this contest. Let's say that the forum-wide 100 promo code contest expires on Saturday (1/24/09) at noon (pacific time). So let's get into the top-25 by then

So please get the word out and make me proud

(btw I've also lowered the price of the full version to $2.99)

P.S. if you try out Theseus Lite, please leave an objective review inside the iTunes App store!

Last edited by jasonf; 01-22-2009 at 02:56 PM.
01-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
already received promo code for theseus (thank you ^_^ ) but i'll download the lite version to boost its rank in the top apps list <3

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !

01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
already received promo code for theseus (thank you ^_^ ) but i'll download the lite version to boost its rank in the top apps list <3
Yep, same here. I got a promo code from you (thanks a bunch!) and thought the game was DAMN AWESOME! I showed every single person at work. It's amazing! Keep churning out high quality games, or make more levels. Can't wait to see more from you, Jason!

First game in progress...
01-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I already got a code too, but then saw this and i thought maybe it would be a good idea to give away codes to the first couple of people who complete all levels of the free version (if you can somehow prove it)

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Should we do the email BCC thing now, or after the app gets into the top 25?
01-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamboy View Post
Yep, same here. I got a promo code from you (thanks a bunch!) and thought the game was DAMN AWESOME! I showed every single person at work. It's amazing! Keep churning out high quality games, or make more levels. Can't wait to see more from you, Jason!
Awesome! Thanks for your support at work - you can let them know the free version is out now
01-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza View Post
Should we do the email BCC thing now, or after the app gets into the top 25?
Now - I've already sent out 2
01-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I already got a code too, but then saw this and i thought maybe it would be a good idea to give away codes to the first couple of people who complete all levels of the free version (if you can somehow prove it)
Unfortunately this is hard to prove.. since the Lite version is fully functional (aside from limited levels). This means that the hint button can be enabled so people can easily fake the accomplishment of beating all of the Lite levels in a short amount of time.
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Just downloaded the lite...this game is awesome..

what's BCC mean btw?
01-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woojaekeem View Post
Just downloaded the lite...this game is awesome..

what's BCC mean btw?
It's like CC, except that it hides my email address from your other recipients. You can CC me if your client does not support BCC. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.gordano.com/kb.htm?q=239