★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chrome Wars Arena is a turn-based fighting game in which vicious robots fight for dominance in the Chrome Wars Tournament. The game offers 6 arenas in which you will fight 50 unique opponents. You can fully customize your robot, and as you win fights and earn money, you can buy new weapons and new body parts. Chrome Wars Arena features a complete single player campaign, as well as a multiplayer mode in which you can battle other players online.
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
It would help to see the video. the game looks great but "Turn Based" turns me off a bit. This would be perfect as a real time game. Reminds me of One Must Fall.

01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Just play it, mate.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/simo...er/chrome-wars

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for that, Vovin. I played a few rounds. I will buy this game and report back my impressions once I had a bit of time with it.
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Played the game a bit and I like it so far. You definitely need to develop an upgrade strategy in order to progress. Apart from some UI changes to fit the iDevice the game is almost identical to the flash version at the link that Vovin posted.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/simo...er/chrome-wars

i suggest everyone give it a try.
01-10-2010, 03:23 AM
This game rocks! Just finished the championships and played some user created robots. This game definitely deserves some attention.
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
This game rocks! Just finished the championships and played some user created robots. This game definitely deserves some attention.
Championships?

I believe that the web version has no end-game -- you just max out what you can buy and it keeps going with random battles. Does the ipod version actually have more story/a real "finish" as "championships" would suggest?

At $1.99, and considering my backlog of unplayed games, I've been on the fence on this one. I maxed out my robot in the web game fairly quickly and got bored. If this version is reasonably different, I might jump. Heck, if it drops to .99 I'd buy it just to show support for the developer. (Yeah, I'm a cheapskate that way. )
01-10-2010, 02:20 PM
There are 6 arenas. In each one you progress by fighting the robot just above you untill you get to the boss. You get money for loosing as well so after a few loses you can still get new piece of equipment that can help you out. After you beat the final boss you can't compete on the arenas with this robot but you can fight other players' robots. That way you can get an online rank as well. You don't actually fight other people but against the robots they created. I played the web version briefly but this one has lots more deapth it seems.
01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks eugekava -- that's extremely helpful and good to know. Sounds like I may be picking it up, esp. since my son also likes the online version, so I think he'd like this as well.

About how long did it take you to work your way through the 6 arenas?

With the item upgrades, was it like the online in that more expensive was always better, and there were only about 9 possible upgrades for each item type, with $100,000,000 being the top?
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
on sale $.99
This is the official instruction video:

Last edited by goiMot; 02-09-2010 at 12:12 PM.