★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hook champ shopping guide?

01-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Hook champ shopping guide?

Hi guys
By saving money, I'm downloading games I've previously paid for. It's turning out well. Anyway I recently re-downloaded hook champ (I got it when it first came out and hated it, but I barely gave it a chance) and I was wondering:

Apart from the grappling hook, rope and pick-up-stuff-near-you thing, is anything else worth getting?

The rest all seems useless to me, but I have only just completed the second level.

Thanks
Ell

Add me on Game Center - EIIIOT
Massive Outwitters and Jetpack Joyride fan
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
You'll need the rocket boots and having fast shoes and shotgun helps but are not absolutley needed

Gamecenter: Will090

01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, the first things I always maxed out were Rope & Hook, then Rocket Boots become necessary [at least level 3 I think] and the Shotgun comes in handy too. As for the rest of what I can remember, the Loot Vacuum is nice once you have it upgraded a lot, Running Shoes are nice when you miss grappling onto something, and to this day I have no idea what the Husk Musk or whatever the name is does lol.
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
All the hats are super necessary! It's all about hats. Spend all your monies on them, and you won't look back!
01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
loot vacuum is handy, also maxed out rocket boots cuz I always messed up on the last Bull idol levels.
I never really used shotgun, in the harder levels you'll always be jumping over lava pits anyway. I haven't done the skull and rat levels yet though so I can't say for those

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushMyNoseOff View Post
All the hats are super necessary! It's all about hats. Spend all your monies on them, and you won't look back!
I was about to ask if all the hats had any effect until I saw this
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh, and if you don't buy yourself the mustache the game will delete itself after a few days
01-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videotape View Post
Oh, and if you don't buy yourself the mustache the game will delete itself after a few days
Dude your user name is awesome.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAllEverybody View Post
loot vacuum is handy, also maxed out rocket boots cuz I always messed up on the last Bull idol levels.
I never really used shotgun, in the harder levels you'll always be jumping over lava pits anyway. I haven't done the skull and rat levels yet though so I can't say for those
Shotgun is extremely helpful, if not required for rat idol. The chaser in that one is ridiculous

Gamecenter: Will090
01-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
Shotgun is extremely helpful, if not required for rat idol. The chaser in that one is ridiculous
Hook Bot + Rat levels = win
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillBill18 View Post
Hook Bot + Rat levels = win
Hook Bot + Rat levels = $0.99 too

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ