★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What kind of game would you like to see?

01-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
What kind of game would you like to see?

Well I am recently starting to learn coding and starting a partnership with a good friend of mine and before we get overwhelmed in our overflowing ideas, I would like to know what you guys would want to see in an iPhone game.
Have in mind that it will take some time to learn coding then create a game and build up on our experience, but I am a guy who likes to have all his ideas on the table before anything happens.

So far what we have on the table are:
Match3(bear with me..)
2D platformer
Worms2D like gameplay
Shooter(again bear with me)
Seek and Find
TimeManagement
An original idea

Those are our ideas so far, but I am certainly open to more idea's so if you guys have some ideas on what genre and/or game ideas go ahead and post them. What content do you guys think a great game would have?

Regards,
TheOZ

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.
01-20-2009, 01:44 AM
2D platformer! With NO onscreen buttons (seriously, these annoy the crap out of me).

However, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "seek and find" since that could cover a lot of different sorts of games. Original ideas are always good too.

Good luck!
01-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAnkh View Post
2D platformer! With NO onscreen buttons (seriously, these annoy the crap out of me).

However, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "seek and find" since that could cover a lot of different sorts of games. Original ideas are always good too.

Good luck!
That might be hard to get around the no buttons thing for a platformer, I don't wanna use the tilting method either so maybe swiping or dragging maybe even a virtual analog stick(think Dropship or Hero of Sparta).

About the seek and find, what I meant was a sort Ispy kind of thing(his idea).

What would you suggest for an alternative to no on-screen buttons? This isn't a platformer like Rolando or LocoRoco so I don't think tilt would be as effective.

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
01-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Since there are many knockoffs why not look at a Dr. Mario type game. That game was a classic and is on the simpler side of coding. It would need both 2 player and solid ai from a computer opponent.

The music and playfulness of that game along with the rising tempo at harder levels made it what it was. 2plyr wi-fi would be a must.

A kitten jump type of game could be easy and sellable. Come up with ur own theme (outer space, saturns rings, comets, etc.. cough cough) and offer both tilt and touch. Make it unique and with incentive to score higher by adding new elements with passing levels.

I'd like to hear what type of shooter u have in mind. i could help u out with that.

note to all devs: please include online leaderboards always 24/7. if it has a score, then i want to see what is the best. (don't read my new sig)

and match 3's are so overdone that i threw up in my mouth a little when i read that...

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...

Last edited by RM imagery; 01-20-2009 at 02:06 AM.
01-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post

and match 3's are so overdone that i threw up in my mouth a little when i read that...
Haha I know, I know, but my idea for a match 3 is not the same as match3's were the real gameplay revolves only around moving icons back and forth trying to get the high score, but I don't really want to say alot about my idea yet though haha.

I haven't exactly thought too much on the shooter, but I have formed a very solid idea and character profile for the platformer so I may try my hand at that sooner then later.

Anyways, are there any other ideas you guys would like to see or is a decent version of the genres of games i've listed basically what people are wanting to see?

01-22-2009, 12:31 AM
@oz I have some (three different) conceptual game designs in the works that have not been done yet
(no rehash)
not to disrespect but your not gonna make a name for your dev team with the above mentioned ideas, they've been pounded into the ground.

I don't like to say this in forums but thats my field (CGGD), and If you would like to hear the nature of the games PM me and I will give you my e-mail jsut don't steal my ideas if you like them cause that has happened to me, but just so you know these are very in-depth "console like" challenging concepts, and I've been working on them for at least a month.

why am I not deving the games.....simple i'm not a programer or dev. I'm on the other side
but you asked for ideas and I have them.
so what say you ? you up for a challange?

Last edited by RedStaR; 01-22-2009 at 12:52 AM.