★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Questions about 'Certain' Games

01-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Questions about 'Certain' Games

I feel like having an impulse buy right now and only want one game, so instead of asking which game is your favourite I have a question or two on each of these three games to help me decide. Answer where you can please!

SimCity: Is this easy to play for someone who has never played SimCity previously?

Rolando: How long does this take to complete? and is it similiar to ToyBot Diaries?

Payback: Do you think that I should just wait for this to come out in the coming days?
01-20-2009, 06:33 AM
You would play rolando more than sim city if you've never played simcity before probably.

Rolando isn't really like toy bot diaries that much.

Twitter: @Zincous
01-20-2009, 06:40 AM
hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
SimCity: Is this easy to play for someone who has never played SimCity previously?
it's a specific title, you may not like it. it's easy but after couple of hours of just remembering the buttons. but is has got a very longe gamelife...

Quote:
Rolando: How long does this take to complete? and is it similiar to ToyBot Diaries?
so-called classic. it's not a simple quick game, you will spend some time with it. sometimes it disturbs a bit though, specially controls. and price dropped. oh, and i wouldn't compare it to toy diaries. it's much better.

Quote:
Payback: Do you think that I should just wait for this to come out in the coming days?
i wait for it, it will be one of the best.

hard to decide, i would pick option number 3. after payback release and some reviews of it - then you should decide. maybe try finding a game that is cheaper but addictive?

Last edited by pante; 01-20-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: wronq quote
01-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Sim City is good but only if you already like it on the PC. It's more nostalgia than anything as its more fiddly on the phone.

Rolando.. is amazing. Feels like a "real" game.

Payback, I had on the GP2x and the iPhone version is pretty good too, it'll last a while as well.

I'd go for Rolando.
01-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Payback. I have it, was playing it before now. It's awesome. I don't have the others, but they seem not for me and Rolando looks lame and childish which annoys me.
Payback, when the bug is fixed, will be big. Very cool game. Get it.

Also, it's not impulse if you make a thread about it and then wait til the morning to get something.. That's a rational purchase

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator

Last edited by Paulio; 01-20-2009 at 07:40 AM.
01-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Rolando gets tedious towards the end, I don't think I really like it in the end...

Sim City is a classic, and executes well on the platform. If you like building games, then Sim City would be your #1 choice..

Have you considered Hero of Sparta? It's very good!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans