★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Arg! Aurora Feint

10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Arg! Aurora Feint

What is it with this game, is it trying to annoy people?

After the latest update, you have to provide your email address & username & password to play. Given the hullaballoo about privacy with previous versions, I decided to opt out.. but there is no opt out.

I'm not sure if this is merely to continue your progress, or is this to join in the community feature (which I have no intention of doing). I'm not taking any chances.
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I think that's one of the big draws of the game. I've been waiting for it to go online.

I'm surprised there aren't more online games. The iPhone is almost perfect for it.
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooley View Post
What is it with this game, is it trying to annoy people?

After the latest update, you have to provide your email address & username & password to play. Given the hullaballoo about privacy with previous versions, I decided to opt out.. but there is no opt out.

I'm not sure if this is merely to continue your progress, or is this to join in the community feature (which I have no intention of doing). I'm not taking any chances.
Hey whooley,

I'm one of the beta testers so let me clear it up a bit.

The email and password is to create an AF account. Once you do that all your progress will be saved on their servers. This is so you never have to worry about your progress being lost.

You don't need to provide any personal info at all

Once you are in the game you will get a friend code in the Community screen which you share with friends. You can tap "Send Code" to open Mail and email a link to your friend/friends that will let them click it to open AF and add you automatically.

The community stuff is completely optional and the only thing it does at this point is let you view your friends' progress.

This version is just what we used to to test the foundation of the new friend code system and work up from there.

Some people like the friend codes and some don't, but you don't have to worry about personal data anymore so it's all for the best.

Hope that helps!
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
nice info vegan