★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What if you only had these 2 gaming options:

View Poll Results: Which dev would you support in a fictional 2-game devs App Store?
DS Effects 1 5.26%
Jirbo 6 31.58%
..please wake me up before I throw my iphone/ipod out of the window! 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
01-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
What if you only had these 2 gaming options:

DS Effects and Jirbo: who would you 'support' and whom would you buy games from??

Imagine the App Store had only two game developers - and you still would buy/download games... Which one would you stick to?!?
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Who wants to imagine such a nightmare???

I wouldn't support either to be honest. Why would I purchase crap? Because that's my only option?
You forgot the 3rd option. Stop visiting the app store!

Edit: I guess you didn't forget the 3rd option as there's an option to wake yourself up from the nightmare. My thoughts exactly!
01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Jirbo has some fun games for my children at least. With no skills I bet I could make a better game then DS Effects within a month of playing with the iPhone SDK.
01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Jirbo has some fun games for my children at least. With no skills I bet I could make a better game then DS Effects within a month of playing with the iPhone SDK.
in terms of quality i believe Jirbo beats DS... but they are so cheap (not talking about pricing) that makes any game not worth playing, IMO...

but just like in politics, if i had to either choose one or be absent from all of this, got to admit jirbo has more entertaining games - or at least more appealing i guess... BUT i would quit gaming on my iphone! at least i would have saved hundreds of dollars o_O (most of them well spent with games that are available in the real world)
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru View Post
DS Effects and Jirbo: who would you 'support' and whom would you buy games from??

Imagine the App Store had only two game developers - and you still would buy/download games... Which one would you stick to?!?
would add a "neither" to the poll please?

thats what i would vote