★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Squares2 is out!

01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Squares2 is out!

Hey everyone, I'm pleased to announce that Squares2 is now available in the App Store for $0.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302008399&mt=8

Squares2 is the iPhone and iPod Touch version of the popular Flash based web game. See it here:
http://www.eyewyre.com/squares2/squares2eyewyre.swf

Guide your black square around the screen, collecting other black squares along the way while trying to avoid red squares!

Pick up as many black circles (power-ups) as possible to get bonuses, such as invincibility, slow motion and mini sqaure. Red circles (power-downs) give you penalties - like evil squares, increased speed and big square.

The game keeps your top 25 scores and allows you to compete against the top 100 high scores in the world.

The game is fast paced and fun to play. Be warned, its very addicting!

Checkout other screen shots, and a video, along with some of my other apps at http://eyewyre.com.
01-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I remember playing this as a Flash game back in like 2004. ^ ^

It was a lot of fun and quite addictive. I lost many hours during school with this game.

I can see it porting quite well to any touch device.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-20-2009 at 02:09 PM.
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Do you use tilt or touch to control your cube?

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
We do not use the tilt sensor. Because of the progressive speed and precision movement the game requires, we found the tilt sensor to be nearly impossible to use. That was our first idea as well.

Instead, you use your finger to guide the player square. To prevent your finger from obscuring your view, you can place your finger anywhere on the screen and the player movement is relative to your finger movement. You can lift your finger and reposition it at any time. We found this to be an ideal solution.
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewyre View Post
We do not use the tilt sensor. Because of the progressive speed and precision movement the game requires, we found the tilt sensor to be nearly impossible to use. That was our first idea as well.

Instead, you use your finger to guide the player square. To prevent your finger from obscuring your view, you can place your finger anywhere on the screen and the player movement is relative to your finger movement. You can lift your finger and reposition it at any time. We found this to be an ideal solution.
sounds good to me. The tilt controls seemed like they would've been tough, so I was just making sure

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
This sounds really great, escpecially for only 99c. I'll hold off buying for now until there are some reviews, I bought so many games lately and haven't completed any of them.