★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mobile TV Is Coming To Your iPhone Thanks To Flo TV & Mophie Posted

01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Mobile TV Is Coming To Your iPhone Thanks To Flo TV & Mophie Posted

Mobile TV Is Coming To Your iPhone Thanks To Flo TV & Mophie

Remember Flo TV, the mobile TV proof of concept?

Well, they revised their copy and thanks to a partnership with Mophie, Flo TV came up with quite a device actually.

It’s a TV receptor for the iPhone, bundled with a battery extender. It looks great and should hit us “in the first half of 2010″.

Interested?
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedgusta View Post
Mobile TV Is Coming To Your iPhone Thanks To Flo TV & Mophie

Remember Flo TV, the mobile TV proof of concept?

Well, they revised their copy and thanks to a partnership with Mophie, Flo TV came up with quite a device actually.

It’s a TV receptor for the iPhone, bundled with a battery extender. It looks great and should hit us “in the first half of 2010″.

Interested?
yes i am, and could i possibly beta this?

I Beta Test for: Pocket God, Pocket God Journey to Uranus, Doodle Jump, Tilt to Live, Tilt to Live HD, Pentagon Defence HD, The World of Magic, The Creeps!, Across Age, NovaRift, Zombie Duck Hunt, Petopia, D.A.R.K., Doodle Gore, and many more!

01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Not interested at all. I use Slingplayer or eyeTV on my iPhone now.
When I was overseas, I had a Slingbox hooked up in NC that I used to watch TV on my N95 over a 3G network.
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
So it is a piece of hardware, rather than just an app from the App Store, correct?
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person47 View Post
So it is a piece of hardware, rather than just an app from the App Store, correct?
It will have to be both.
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
funny I just bought my wife a Flo TV for christmas - now its already obsolete!
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failboat103 View Post
yes i am, and could i possibly beta this?
lololololololo no

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Can you use it with iPod touch? :O

:: I think it'll be awesome to watch TV with your itouch/iphone.... seems like there's no end to the things it can do !
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person47 View Post
Yes, it's hardware that's integrated into a mophie battery pack/case (though it may have an app as well to help set it up and so you can buy more months of service)

The Flo TV is a subscription model so expect a monthly charge of about $15 (that was the price when I checked a few months ago)
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Yes, it's hardware that's integrated into a mophie battery pack/case (though it may have an app as well to help set it up and so you can buy more months of service)

The Flo TV is a subscription model so expect a monthly charge of about $15 (that was the price when I checked a few months ago)
It's now $10 for ATT customers. That's not to say that they won't use a different pricing model, considering ATT has nothing to do with this one.

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki