★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iBONSAI MAJOR UPDATE *ver2.0*

01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
iBONSAI MAJOR UPDATE *ver2.0*

link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300829218&mt=8

from the developers:

What's new

iBonsai 2.0 is here! Now with several new features that make the experience even better. Since version 1.0 we have had many requests for background music and more control in general. In version 2.0 we have added these and more without detracting from the original theme. After updating to 2.0, explore the new iBonsai preferences in your iPhone/iPod Settings, and see the new instructions page within iBonsai.

List of Changes
---------------------------------------
Added auto-generated ambient music.
Added interactive growth shaping tool.
Added growth speed feature.
Added auto regrow feature.
Made the buttons on the main page simpler and more visible.

New Feature: Ambient Music
In keeping with the theme of procedurally generated art, we have added a music composition algorithm which automatically produces an endless supply of unique ambient music! This optional feature creates a sparse sequence of plucked strings which never repeats. The resulting soundtrack provides a subtle audio backdrop which complements iBonsai's elegant visual style.

New Feature: Interactive Shaping Tool
The core iBonsai experience is to enjoy its automatic random growing process. However, for those that wish to have more control, we have added a shaping tool to guide the trees' growth patterns. Simply touch and hold your finger on the screen for a short time to make the shaping tool appear. This tool exerts an outward force on all growing branches, pushing them away from your finger. Let go at any time to resume the normal growing process.

New Feature: Growth speed
You now have the option of adjusting the tree's growth speed. Set it slow to enjoy a relaxed, meditative experience. Or set it fast to see a variety of trees more quickly.

New Feature: Auto Regrow
With this hands-free loop feature enabled, iBonsai continually grows new trees. Plug into your dock and let iBonsai paint trees for you all day long!
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to Herp
Yeah, It's pretty awesome now.

01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Glad I got this one free..not something i'd pay for but very interesting to play with once every couple of hours
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah i got it free too... it might be worth it if you paid for it... if you like games like Koi Pond that are more subjective...

update is kinda fun! I downloaded it last night, but forgot until i saw your post! thanks!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
glad i saw this post

got it when it was free

gonna stare blindly at it later to relax myself ^_^V

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
yes music in update is awesome
i dunt use gravity and regrowth
but i luv the 'press and hold' to activate circle thingy that bonsai grow away from, i mean the whole point of growing a bonsai is to shape its growth, with this and putting growth on slow, i can make my bonsai into weird shapes xD
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I love the update. It is cool to use my creations as wallpaper.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread