Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Default Assassin's Creed 2 from Ubisoft [ Out ]

Holy cow! Just was getting on to search " the deep" and saw that it's out! Finally!!! Downloading now.
All I can say is I hope it's worth the wait and 12 bucks...

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Impressions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(IPT 2nd gen)Holy Fetch... I'd have to say that this is one of the first "true" iPod games. It has a language selection at the start, a full main menu, including bonus art galleries (unlockable), cheats (Not sure what for), three save slots, good music, fairly good controls (so far) and good graphics. I think this is just as good as the DS game, cause it seems exactly identical. Back to playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ok, so I've completed the first mission, and wow. This is a complete game. It's got a great sense of speed, fairly inituitive controls (Slide bar is a little hard controling, but thankfully, they put a stealth button in which switches your movement speeds.), good kill animations, and most importantly- Fun gameplay. There is some slight slowdown in the fighting, but I was so eager I didn't reboot. Overall, I think it's great that we're getting this for 12 bucks instead of 20 or even worse, 30, and yes- this is the DS game.

Short version, full DS game, good sense of speed, fairly good controls (About as good as it'll get on the iphone), and a good sense of killing someone in the stealth animations. I think you level up and get new attacks, and I'm very glad I got this. It's not the PSP Assassin's Creed, but what's second best- The iPod's. Next would be the DS version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbake View Post
So I picked this up and I've played the tutorial level and the first level. I really like the game. I have no problem with the slider controls. It did take a little getting used to, but that's the point of the tutorial. I played around a bit on the first level too just jumping and getting a feel and I'm having no problem with the controls now. I actually really like the layout of the slider and where the buttons are. I haven't missed a button yet.

I'm actually quite impressed with the voice acting. I usually hate the voice acting in all iphone games, but this one is not bad at all. They did a great job.

I haven't seen any slow down at all on my non-jailbroken 3Gs. And I didn't even reboot my iPhone when completed.

Overall, I'm liking the game quite a bit so far. Is it worth the price? Well I'm only on the 2nd level so we'll see. For some of you I think it will be worth the price (based on what I've played I'm thinking it will be), but if you're one of those people that feels everything should be $1 or super cheap, then just wait. You already don't think it's worth the price. Just add it to your appshopper wish list and don't comment on the thread till you've played it.

The only complaint I have so far, is that I'm not very good at the stealthy stuff. It took my about 4 tries in the tutorial to kill the 3 guys. But don't worry, I don't think it's cause of the game. I think it's cause I kinda suck.

EDIT: I don't have a DS and I'm fine with the controls. I do recommend picking this up. It's pretty big so it takes a while to download. If you're on the fence, you might want to go for it sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVietx View Post
I just finished trying out and comparing ACII on the devices (even though it hardly matters anymore as no one can purchase it any longer) and the results were surprisingly good.

Playing the Animus three times in a row certainly wasn't fun but I completed all of them. Results:

On the 3GS, as expected, it ran clean as a whistle. No hiccups, freezes, slowdowns, or anything of the matter. I restarted it and it was completely smooth right from the beginning. Combat was great and the sounds and voice were perfect as well. Graphics looked amazing and controls were fluid and easy to use.

On the iPod touch 2G, results were very good as well. Although I came across one or two lags in the first one or two fights, it ran as good as the 3GS did. No noticeable or potentially annoyances. Didnt encounter the lags after those two so I'm hopeful. Graphics looked the same as well. So basically, it's running at it's full capacity with just one or two hiccups here and there.

And finally, on the iPod Touch 1G, as you probably assumed already, results weren't so good. Graphics looked as good as ever and controls were responsive as well. Loading times were maybe just a little bit behind the iPhone 3GS version and even almost identical to the 2G Touch. The only complaint here is the fact that combat was laggy. Happened more times than I would have cared for and it could get to be very annoying but considering what it's running on, it's spectacular. If you can get past that, it's almost as good as the 2G Touch version.

In a few weeks (maybe months) time, when the 'fixed' version gets released, results could even be better. I didn't encounter any bugs and the game is amazing at the moment. I would recommend it to everyone so make sure you jump on it when the final version gets released again at a lower price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
(iphone 1st gen)Well I bought it just before it was pulled and I have to say that I am quite disappointed with it. The controls are fiddly, the graphics are terrible and it get's quite repetitive.
Personally, I think the original Assassin's Creed by Gameloft is a much better game. Cheaper too.
I'll give this game a bit of time though, maybe it will improve.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the framerate is also poor.
It drops down to about 5-10 fps when running fast through the city and also when fighting guards. Maybe the updated version will fix this.

The back ground graphics are alright, but the character models are pretty substandard. Also the animation is terrible, it's like an old 2D sprite animation but only in 3D. It just isn't fluid and there is a bit where there is supposed to be a cloud of dust/explosion and it is just 3 different 2D sprites - a small cloud, a big cloud, a small cloud. The running and movement is also pretty choppy.
I don't know if it's because I downloaded the wrong version, but the game I am playing isn't very good .

And btw, the controls aren't so bad once you get used to them.

Last edited by salsamd; 01-08-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

It wouldn't surprise me if this release is a mistake, they have a whole marketing schedule planned that doesn't start until next week. If you want this game I'd grab it quick because something tells me this was unintentional.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Downloading now...

I'll see if I can post some impressions soon.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Very Unexpected. Wasn't to fond of he first one on the iTouch. I will be downloading this one as well regardless. I will give some impresions in a few hours or less.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderva View Post
Your logic is heavily flawed.
This version is not going to have much polish or length compared to the DS version.
When they said they were porting it over, I thought they said they were bringing the whole game? Didn't they say that?
Haha whatever though. I had 35 bucks of iTunes credit and I'm gonna be LOVING playing this tonight. If you're too cheap... Too bad.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
This version is not going to have much polish or length compared to the DS version.
It's the same exact game
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Downloading now. hope the game is worth the wait. Many have been waiting since early december I think...
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Agaggdgh whatever.... DOWNLOADING NOWZ
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

If games are going to get more expensive, Apple need to let developers show off more then 5 screens, and preferably embed videos as well. It's all very well for something like Doodle Jump or Minigore to be limited to 5 images, but it just doesn't do a game of this scale any justice.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
The DS version is identical to this one. Except the iPod version probably has nicer graphics.

Closed Thread